• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

clutch is nearly gone

hi all i went to santa pod and had 5 goes down the strip and my clutch has taken a battering its the orginal clutch and the car has done 84k miles, it now feels asif it isnt there and gear changes are alot harder than before, im currently purchasing a lsd so i will nurse the clutch till i get that fitted and have them both done at same time.

the car does get driven hard and will be doing a few track days and grag strip runs plus fingers crossed a trip to the ring so im after a decent clutch thatll take some stick,
i know everyone says the oem is a good clutch but will it take some stick?

also what are your views on exedy stage 1 clutch and the stage 2 clutch? any pros and cons/

i have been looking into the stage 1 clutch and have found it price at about £255 is this a good price and is there anywere to buy it cheaper?

cheers lib

If you're running standard power, then I would imagine OEM would do the trick

will the oem take some stick, i want to change the clutch and not have to change it within a year because its worn out and i dont fancy paying some £250 each time i want it changing haha

i will hopefuly be running just below 250bhp with the mods i have planned

I was recommended the ACT clutch, slightly heavier than OEM but seems really good.

I was recommended the ACT clutch, slightly heavier than OEM but seems really good.
cheers from reading your signature im guessing you do alot of track days? how do you find the clutch performs under heavey acceleration and hard gear changes

Lottie, which pressure plate do you use with your ACT clutch and how does it compare with OEM in terms of stiffness of the pedal?

Is it still trouble free?

As above, OEM is fine on standard power. Also if you drive around on a fcucked clutch for too long you risk damaging the fywheel which will incur extra expense.

Lottie, which pressure plate do you use with your ACT clutch and how does it compare with OEM in terms of stiffness of the pedal?

Is it still trouble free?

No idea on the pressure plate tbh, I can find out from PA though. The pedal is stiffer but not excessively.

And still no problems with it, not sure how many miles its done but it must be nearing 40k with no issues at all.

main is gone too :( did someone buy OEM honda clutch from tegiwa on ebay? it cost nearly half price of it in Poland :)

Don't get one of the F1 Racing ones from Tegiwa if they are still selling them.

I had mine on three months before the pressure plate started to deform.

Utter POS.

I have an exedy stage 1, can't rate it high enough!

Bought from eightspeed and arrived super quick

I think my clutch is going too as i can smell abit of burning, looking to buy the exedy stage 2 clutch soon!

I have an exedy stage 1, can't rate it high enough!

Bought from eightspeed and arrived super quick

I replaced mine with the same, felt great to begin with but after 10k I think the damper springs are starting to go slack and causing a bounce when changing gear :(

Back