• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 clutch is silent, pedal pivot squeeks... HELP.

Hi guys, whats the fix for this and what needs replacing? Its the pedal pivot, nothing wrong with the clutch itself, but how do I stop this squeeking, WD40 seems to be a temporary fix but what will solve my problem for good? Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

The dealer fix is a replacement pedal box.

Have you tried packing the pivot with a decent amount of grease, making sure there isn't so much as it will drip down onto the pedal!?

I've been told that there is a plasticy grommet that goes through the firewall for the cable to pass through. This can cause a creak sometimes if it moves with the cable or the cable runs on it, so that could do with a rub of grease as well while you are there.

Hi guys, whats the fix for this and what needs replacing? Its the pedal pivot, nothing wrong with the clutch itself, but how do I stop this squeeking, WD40 seems to be a temporary fix but what will solve my problem for good? Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Direct replacement is the only solution. Mine did the same with the squeek & click noises. Problem was gone when I replaced the pedal clutch assembly & master cylinder (clutch). Pedal assembly kit gets rid of the clicking noise whilst the clutch master cylinder eradicates the squeeking noise. I have heard the noises do return but I have not encountered this as of yet. Hope this helps.

Hmm Im in 2 minds really, the grease option sounds like it might be worth a try, it certainly cant do it any harm.

Interesting timing... I put my car in to have the EGR port plate gasket replaced (Loxy you'll be smiling!). Now a couple of days later, I'm noticing a clunk like noise when I press the clutch pedal in. From looking down there, it *seems* the noise is coming from just behind the actual pedal itself... Though I'm not sure where front. It's not a squeek though, more say as I'm pushing it in, 3/4 way and then a clunk sort of noise.

Is this the same thing you're experiencing?

Cheers
Andrew

(pushing it in meaning around 3/4 way down to floor the clunk comes, but I keep pushing it to floor - don't only push it to 3/4)

Just reading throught this thread as my Fn2 has now developed the 'Squeeky Clutch Syndrome' and just a quick stupid question, where is the best place to access the rubber grommet on the firewall?? Had quick look in footwell but is it better to go in through driver wheel arch??

I know the best solution is a direct replacement but i'd rather put money towards a GP kit.

Cheers!

I personally haven't had to do it, I've just been told about it by a garage.

I'd expect either get down in the footwell and look up or from the engine bay although I don't expect there to be too much room that way unless you're under the car with the tray removed. Wheel arch might be an idea.

Back