• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch issue?

Riflez

$ Forum Pikey $
Went to drive to work this morning, Engine started as usual down goes the pedal and I went to put the car into 1st and met resistance and even with some force it would not go into gear (tried 2/3/4 all the same)

Turned the engine off and it went into any of the gears just fine so left the clutch in and started the car and it went to jolt like it was in gear so i turned it off again.

Third time it worked normally and the drive to work after was issue free

I had an issue with the clutch a few months back, and I reported it to the dealer. Trouble is,its never occured again to take it in for the dealer to see.

The clutch pedal developed a funny feeling while I was driving home from work, as if the clutch fluid had gone to jelly. It was weird. My initial thought was, the fluid had leaked and I was just pumping air around. But when I got home and checked, the oil was at the full level.

The following morning when I got in the car to go to work, I put the pedal down to start the engine and noticed a bit of resistance which then gaveway with a slight thud. Everything was back to normal and Ive not had a fault since.

Back