• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch kit / Drag Cartel 2.2

Please help me choose which clutch kit should I buy...heard bad things about RPC clutch being noisy,and failing...and heard lot's of good stuff about OEM clutch kit...most recently from a guy that has K24/k20 combo with OEM one.

Should I just buy OEM? Will it handle around 250hp? Any personal exp? Anyone has RPC stage 2 clutch?

Thanks!

OEM does seem to give the best reliability.

OEM will handle 250 unless you are doing repeated launches, but then again most clutches would struggle with that.

There are two Exedy Kits, the Euro version and the US. The Euro is weaker and I've seen some premature failures of it. Generally, the way to tell them apart is that in the US one the friction disc and pressure plate come in separate boxes inside the main box, where the Euro ones don't. That one looks like the Euro one.

Have a look at Cox, Hendy and Tegiwa. Generally they come in at not much more, and yes, they come with the genuine Honda release bearing that is more robust.

If you plan on keeping the car any length of time, it is worth doing the clutch right.

Back