• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch on its way out?

Hi all.
I've read a few posts that are similar but no actual answer really.
I have no problems changing gear (occasionally 5th can be tight) and no crunching noise either but the bite is so low to the floor. Is this normal or is the clutch on its way out?

You only left it a day mate be a bit patient. what is the age and mileage on your car? from what you desctibed it doesnt seem like the clutch is causing a issue maybe its getting towards the end of its life but if all gears engage fine i wouldnt worry. my ep3 had 82k on the original clutch with no real issues

No problems buddy.
If its original clutch then in 93k personly I would be looking at getting it changed whenever i had the money if i remember correctly ep3 clutch change is about 300-350 quid. If you have only realy had it a day give it a bit longer for you to get used to having the car.
The main thing to remember with these cars is to keep the oil topped up and let the car warm up before engaging vtec.

Back