• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch pedal clicking

my 1st issue ive had with the ctr in 3 years, Noticed on way home today that my clutch pedal was clicking every time I "press" it :confused:

parked up and opened bonnet and got some one to press it, it was louder from engine bay but couldn't see anything physically wrong :confused:

read a few posts on fn2's that its the master cylinder gone! :eek:
could it be same thing on my ep3?? and is it safe to drive like this??

its a final premier edition 2006 ep3 with 40k miles.

about quarter of the way
strange just went for a drive and the clicking has gone :s
maybe its because of the cold weather, something seized up etc ??

about quarter of the way
strange just went for a drive and the clicking has gone :s
maybe its because of the cold weather, something seized up etc ??

Could you feel the click through your foot? There is not a lot to seize or go wrong with the clutch system. A failed Master cylinder would cause the pedal to hit the floor with no pressure, Same as the slave cylinder. The clicking will probably be from the clutch itself, maybe a weak spring or something causing the CRB to pitch and click.

yes, I could feel the click through the pedal!
oh, I see, it seems to be ok now though, strange :s I bet it comes back?...
hmm well if it's just the pedal then I guess that's not too much of a issue?

yes, I could feel the click through the pedal!
oh, I see, it seems to be ok now though, strange :s I bet it comes back?...
hmm well if it's just the pedal then I guess that's not too much of a issue?

This happening with mine recently and it just went away. Comes back now and again but doesn't affect the way the clutch operates, mines kind of a squeek though about half way to the floor, I can feel it through the pedal too :(

Scott.

I'm on my 5th cylinder and 3rd pedal.
1/4 way noise is a problem with the pedal, which is a "click"
1/2 way noise is a problem with the cylinder which is more of a "clunk"

I'm on my 5th cylinder and 3rd pedal.
1/4 way noise is a problem with the pedal, which is a "click"
1/2 way noise is a problem with the cylinder which is more of a "clunk"

Sh!t, 5th cylinder and 3rd pedal. That's in the new civic right. How old and how many miles mate?

Do you know exactly what causes the clicking or cracks?

Sh!t, 5th cylinder and 3rd pedal. That's in the new civic right. How old and how many miles mate?

Do you know exactly what causes the clicking or cracks?

Yep its a new one, almost 3 years old with 35k on it.
The problem is, Honda know its a common fault, but havent done anything about it. So they just keep replacing parts they know will break!

Could be my footwork as well, as I've heard a few FN2's have needed just the one replacement, but never as many as I've had to have!

woah that's bad lol
my clicking seems to have gone :s hope it does not get worse, and lasts till the mot next year, I will get it fixed then, would this problem fail the mot if it got worse??

woah that's bad lol
my clicking seems to have gone :s hope it does not get worse, and lasts till the mot next year, I will get it fixed then, would this problem fail the mot if it got worse??

I don't think the clutch is a mot check :).

mine had the click and a squeak when I bought it(02 type-R) had an 06 Accord type-S before and it also had the squeak, dealer took care of it don´t know what was done as I sold it soon after :(
but I took wd40 and sprayed on the pin that pushes through the firewall that goes to the clutch master, just pushed the clutch down with my hands and sprayed generously and pushed the clutch up and down while spraying, and both the click and the squeak went away.

it´s been ok for a few thousand kms but I do think that the squeak might be coming back so it may be time for another spray session :)
it was an easy fix that took a few seconds.

Back