• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

clutch plate bolts

after having the car for 6 untroubled months 2 weeks ago i had an oil leak on further inspection i found it to be gear oil, little worried at the time i sorted a day 2 whip the box out to my amazement i found a hole in the diff casing caused by a clutch plate bolt rattling around also 4 of the 6 bolts were loose. At this point i was shocked that a 36,000 mile 51 plate ctr on original clutch could have such a problem anyone else had this experince?? when it goes back together tomorow a little loctite will be used

im pretty sure most of the bolts have a yellow painted mark on them they all line its as if its put on there to show if theyve been removed at somepoint and clutch is a genuine 1 cannot see no reason for it to come out so soon

Can you find out from the dealers if it had any warranty work done on the clutch? Doesn't sound right to me, the bolts shouldn't work loose.

Back