• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

clutch plate kit advice please

Hi

Im just after a bit of advice from those that know :)

Clutch is due and I see I can get oem or exedy or other random cheap makes
Thing is I drive it hard although it's a daily and alot of gear changes are in the v-tec range
I plan on doing Atleast one track day and the handling track and strip at santa pod.
Sooo the question really is standard or stage one kit ?

The cars standard at most I'll change exhaust and intake so is it worth paying extra if the standard clutch is up to the job.

Thanks for reading

Steve.

If you aren't going to be doing more than exhaust and intake then OEM Exedy. Exedy make the Honda clutches by the way, but get it in an Exedy box and it's often cheaper.

Cox were doing an offer on OEM clutches recently though. ;)

Definitely can't beat the good old OEM clutch or Exedy, I purchased mine few days ago from Cox motors as it was on special offer

Definitely can't beat the good old OEM clutch or Exedy, I purchased mine few days ago from Cox motors as it was on special offer

yep just order mine this evening, thanks all for the help and advice :) figo love you signature, pmsl Hey I just passed you, and this is crazy..but i'm in fourth gear, so VTEC BABY!

Has anyone got a pdf that covers the type r gearbox drop ?
ive changed fwd clutches before but i know sub frames have to be dropped etc on these cars so any pointers would be great seeing as im doing it on my drive :(

Back