• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch prices compared

Need a new clutch soon in my ep3 type r
phoned up grinspeed and tdi north today
and grinspeed quoted me £350 all in
and tdi north was £520 does this seem right for a standard clutch including fitting

Seems not far off. I have been told it is around a 5-5 1/2 hour job by my local garage.

OEM clutches are £150-200 so Grinspeed price is a bargain imo. They are meant to be pretty awesome when it comes to changing clutches and gearbox work.

I've spent a day with Stevie at Grinspeed and he's a top bloke! Really good workmanship and with the quote being that much cheaper it would be silly not to use him :)

I've spent loads of time and money at both over the years. You won't be disappointed with either.

Good butty shop and cake shop round the corner from Grinspeed though. :twisted:

Someone who knows what they are doing can change one sub 3 hours, hence the price difference as I imagine the TDI quote will be the book time.

I've spent loads of time and money at both over the years. You won't be disappointed with either.

Good butty shop and cake shop round the corner from Grinspeed though. :twisted:
I'll have to sample it on Monday when I'm up there! :D

Make sure that quotes including geometry setup as well, since the subframe needs moving out the way.

Back