• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Clutch Question

Has anybody had any issues with their clutch on an 09pre facelift FN2? I am looking to buy one but have read a few horror stories about clutch issues on various forums.

Rochey

Not personally had issues as such. I had it and lot of them do squalk from cold, though it's not a fault or failure more of an annoyance.

Squeaking pedals are common, and clutch master cylinders going though that's quite rare.

Yep. Clutch only squawks for a couple of minutes when at biting point. Squeeky clutch pedal was master clutch cylinder replacement & clutch pedal clicking noise was a new pedal clutch assembly kit jobbie. Both were replaced and so far the irritating noises have not come back. I can live with the 1st issue as it only lasts for a few minutes. Hope this helps.

I picked up my 09 plate last week. Surprise surprise, since yesterday my clutch pedal is squeaking and when I lift off the clutch there is also a reverberation in both the throttle and the brake pedal, whichever one I have my foot on. Not happy since I bought it from a main dealer with just 20k on the clock.

Years warranty though, I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to book it in for a look. For their sake they had better make it perfect.

Back