• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch Release Bearing

Dynax

The Babysitter
Hello!

Quick question for anyone on here in the know (Any dealers? Alan Day?)

I bought my car on the 27th December 2007, and was told (with receipt to prove) that the clutch had been replaced as the clutch release bearing had gone. (Iirc total bill came to £600 odd)

I have the original receipt with proof of payment, and what work was carried out.

The clutch release bearing has gone again, and has been identified by various people.

Is this covered under warranty? I presume so as i believe you get 1 years warranty when new parts are fitted? It was fitted by a Honda Dealer, so do i have to take it back to the same ones? Or can anyone do it under warranty? Or am i looking like i'll have to fork out of my own wallet :(

Any help appreciated

Thanks, Rich

You'll probably need to take it back to the dealer who fitted it but it should be covered.

Probably doesn't help but just to let you know that this is a very common fault. I must have had mine changed half a dozen times. :evil:

I think its a design fault.

:rolleyes: I just hate the noise of it. Makes me cringe when i hear it and sounds embarrasing :lol:

I'll try at a local Honda garage, and if they complain i'll goto the one it was replaced at. Unfortunately its a fair treck away :(

Back