• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch replacement.

My EP3 is definately in need of a new clutch, but I am a little lost as to what to replace it with. I Dont want to spend a fortune, and I wont be modding much beyond an induction kit. The question is what do I get? I have seen so many, exedy, F1, OEM etc. and also stage 1, 2, 3... I will be honest, I dont know what is worth spending the extra on and what isnt! :confused:
I know most of the cost will be labour, so as in some respects the clutch itself is the cheap bit, so I want something with a decent lifespan!
Any advice guys? Also how much have people paid in labour to get one fitted?

yes, stick with oem or similar if only light modding. I was considering a paddle clutch but after talking to my mechanic he advised me to stick with oem as with heavier clutches you loose the feathering needed for pulling off, they're either on or off and can ruin the whole driving experience.

I was quoted £150 for labour with the price of the clutch on top. friendly mechanic :smt023.

Wow, thats a bargain price I feel! Anyone else got a ball park figure on labour? I would rather aproach a mechanic with a target figure in mind!

Back