• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch Squeek

My Civic must have been stood for a while on the forecoart, when i push the clutch in and relese it there is a awfull squeek. I have located the spring at the rear of the pedal and got some wd40 on it. It stopped for a few miles then returned. Is it safe to get some door hinge grease on the spring. Its seriously driving me mad the noise goes through me.

The wife's FK2 does this but not my FN2. Some people have got the pedal box replaced under warranty, so if you have any left it might be worth thinking about a claim.

The wife's car went back for it and they greased it. It lasted about 18 months before it came back. I tried WD40 and it lasted about a week, so can only assume it's too thin and needs some proper stuff on it. It's on the list of stuff to do when I get round to it.

It's very common annoyance with the FN2, lots of us have or have had it! Some people regularly grease it up, other have the master cylinder replaced i believe, and many that have replaced the master cylinder have reported that the squeek still returns after a while!
I have just learned to live with it, it's not a sign that your clutch is on the way out, just an annoying g noise!

Last edited by a moderator:
My old FN2 had the master cylinder fix done and the repair only lasted about six months before the squeak came back.

Im driving over to blackpool today. Im of to cox motor parts for a major service kit and some wiper blades. I will have a chat with them and see what they say, pointless me paying for a master cylinder replacement if the squeek returns. Might just have to grease it up regulary to get rid of the annoyance.

Well i drove to lancaster to cox motor group today and got my major service kit and also added some gear box fluid and two new wipers.I think it was £213 for the everythink. Before i set off i greased the hell out of every working part on the clutch pedal. I think the problem is the spring toutches the wool at the rear and that takes all the grease of the spring and dries it out. It squeeked for a good 20 mins after i greased it, so i sprayed the wool where the clutch pedal spring toutches and in a few mins the squeek stopped.
So all in good spirit i thaught i would change the oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and spark plugs. Then tomorow change the gearbox oil and brake fluid.
It started to rain cats and dogs, couldnt get the whole front end in the garage as the bonnet jacked up toutched the roof. Realy small garage so i get wet through till we got half in/out.
Removed the injector rail as me and my mate where 100% there was spark plugs underneath, got petroll in our eyes when we removed it.
My mates dad came home then and laughed at us both. He found it so funny. Within 10 mins we had the spark plugs out and new ones in. Everything went smooth from then. The spark plugs where burnt all round where they are white, good call even thow honda said i did not need to change them.
Drained the oil removed the oil filter, that was a nighmare got my arm trapped getting it out. Then threw in the air filter, could not find the pollen filter. I think its in the glove box area not sure going to have a google later.
All in all a good day, the car is alot more responsive you can realy tell. Feels like its pulling more smoothly and the clutch feels like its brand new.

itsdriving me nutz might cut my losses and change the car. it is unbareable, there is no feeling in the clutch and when there is the squeek starts. Its realy loud its that bad.

You bought it 3 weeks ago from a dealer. Why not take it back and get a new clutch on warranty.
You have a minimum 6 months warranty from any car dealer.

Took your advice mate, just been back to where i got it from and its booked in monday for repair/replacement. I did not know i got warranty with the car, apparently i have 3 month's. Thanks for the advice as im not the brightest as you canb tell *_.

Got it fixed today. They removed the pedal asembaly and cleaned and lubed it all. Lets see how long it lasts. The guy at the garage said its allways the type r fn2 that do this. He also said no one ver comes back with same issue. It was done under warrente :)

Back