• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

It’s meant to help with 2nd gear grind issues. It apparently causes a delay in the clutch pedal travel if you literally dump the clutch to help prevent against the damage clutch dumping can do. As far as I know it’s located in the clutch slave cylinder. A few people have removed them and said it helped with the second gear grind issue. Loads of how to vids on YouTube.

it delays clutch engagement but doesn't do anything for disengagement, so I fail to see how it does anything to help (please prove me wrong though), I think it's one of those American YouTube special mods.

I said it’s meant to help with grind issues so that’s why people do it. Didn’t say it worked. Some people claim it does They may have success because again I believe the clutch needs to be bled afterwards hence eliminating any air they may have had in the system which is why they may be getting positive results. Who knows. My grind issue is gear oil.

Good video on YouTube by Torq toolbox, he goes through the delay valve removal but also oil change & how to adjust the clutch pedal.
Worth a look

Back