• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

coilovers issue??

Hi, bought some second hand coilovers yesterday and went about fitting them today. Everything bolted on fine no issues. Went to straighten the steering wheel once I had done the fronts and noticed that both front wheels were towing in a crazily amount so much so that it looked like both the front wheels were almost in individual front locks?? So I went to do the tracking and I can't get the wheels straight the threaded bar literally falls out the track rod before it's anywhere near straight (both). What the hell is gone wrong?? Have I done something wrong or?? It drove straight and the tracking was spot on before fitting these?? Any help would be great, I have a 2003 type r pre facelift and if I am correct the coilovers came off a 2005/6??

Thanks.

This might help a little...
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87315

There is someone who does long track rod ends to give more adjustment. I got some with the car but there still wasn't enough adjustment so the garage I went to put more on. I know they use a solid type rod that can have extra thread put on... ** Try to find the name or thread.

Also how much have you lowered it by ?

Hi thanks for the replies I have been reading about the dc5 track rod ends being longer then the civic, I'm wondering if my coilovers were for a dc5?? Will have to get some dc5 ones if not do any civics do longer track rod ends??

does anybody know the part no for the dc5 track rod ends all the ones I have got from a local supplier are wrong as they are bent and not straight??

They are all out on the civic mine needed a lot more thread to get the adjustment ! If they are going past means you need shorter rods.

I've got the Meister r set up with longer threaded (inwards so shorter) and the adjustment is good.

One of my local parts suppliers managed to help me out and find some longer track rod ends that fit, so the car is back on the rod and drives nice with the coilovers on. Now just to get a FRSU and should be awesome

Back