• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cold Air feed in fog light hole?

glen

Hi-Def Wizard
Has anyone mounted a cold feed pipe in where the fog light goes?

Just wondering if I snap the plastic cover off I can get the pipe directly into the engine bay and up towards my induction kit.

Cheers!

glen8 said:
Has anyone mounted a cold feed pipe in where the fog light goes?

Just wondering if I snap the plastic cover off I can get the pipe directly into the engine bay and up towards my induction kit.

Cheers!

you can...I've removed my fog light cover but never ran the pipe in the end

Is it just a matter of pulling the plastic cover off and sticking it through? or do I have to remove the bumper?

I would say you'll be best of taking the bumper off and doing it...I forgot to mention I was planning to run mine to my aem cai. Not sure how much room there would be to run one up to the standard airbox. Should be ok tho as scouse's custom airfeed from the bumper isn't too far from where the foglight holder is

I spoke to an Injen engineer about that. It is a very good way of getting cold air into your engine for sure.

However you want to somehow protect your filter from getting too much water, so he advised me to get one of there hydroshields.
I dunno if it fits the AEM though.

http://www.injen.com/hydroshield.html

I did this, facelift.

You need to remove the bumper, (I took front spoiler off bumper, so I didnt mark it)

I cut it out and stuck a piece of mesh I painted black on with 2k glue.

There is a bumper rest you need to remove (2 13mm bolts I think)

I have 8 inch air con flexible ducting, also painted black so it doesnt look kack!

I cable tied one end of the pipe to the back of bumper and the other end to the aem cai lower mounting.

First i stuck the whole filter inside the pipe but this only chocked it #-o

Didnt take pics soz!

I used old/broken foglights, removed the glass and insides. The rear has a perfect circle to clamp a pipe onto and I used black silicon rubber to stick on open weave mesh on the front. The result looks like it was designed for the car and is easily fitted/removed using the OEM fixings 8)

You don't want the pipe to go right to the filter but have a gap inbetween them for any rain to be pulled down by gravity.

:oops: not the best piccy in the world but hopefully you can see the result.

FoglightMesh.jpg

PS use pipe with a smooth bore to help airflow.

Back