• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Colin M's Cosmic Premier CTR - ARC, Quaife LSD

Hello Everyone, thought I should start one of these threads to show what I have been doing to my CTR. I have owned the car for around 10 months now and have loved every minute of it. The car was purchased on 16/04/2011 and at that point had covered 48,500 miles. It was completely standard apart from a front engine strut, rear tie bar and team heko wind deflectors.

2005 Civic Type R Premier in Cosmic Grey (First registered 23/11/2005)

654a6bf5-1.jpg

Premier Additions
Tinted Rear Windows
Type R embossed logo on the front Brake Callipers
Recaro Bucket Seats
Red Carpets
Momo Steering Wheel

Factory Options
Fog Lights
Air-conditioning

Front Tweeters

Servicing (In my ownership)
Service (53,593 miles, 27/08/11) @ TGM
Oil Change (60,079 Miles, 09/02/12) @ TGM

PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS
  • ARC Intake
  • SFS Induction Hose
  • ES Engine Mounts Inserts
  • Quaife LSD
INTERIOR
  • JDM Mats
EXTERIOR
  • JDM Wind deflectors (To be fitted)
SUSPENSION
  • JDM Rear ARB + Roll bar bushes
  • Eibach Pro-Kit springs
  • Eibach rear camber arms
  • Eibach front camber bolts
  • TGM Fast Road Set-up

BRAKES
  • Front OEM disks
  • Front Ferodo DS2500 pads
  • Rear OEM disks
  • Rear OEM pads
  • TGM Brake lines
  • Motul RBF600 brake fluid

WHEELS AND TYRES
  • OEM Alloy Wheels
  • Bridgestone RE050A

Future Plans

Track Alloys and Tyres
Fujitsubo RM01A
Toda Manifold
RBC Inlet Manifold
KPRO

288038a2-3.jpg

412742e5-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I made anothervisit to TGM to have a mini service, brake lines and my ARC intakerefitted.

The trip ended up beinga little longer and expensive than expected due to finding out I hada damaged front engine mount. While having a new one fitted I decidedto also have the Energy Suspension mounts fitted .

I took Toms advice andstuck with only the front mounts due to the extra vibrations theycause. Even with just this one the car still vibrates a fair bit! Ihad read about this here previously so was expecting it and itssomething I can definitely live with. The car also does feel moresolid with this though which is good.

Due to the weather Ihaven't had a chance to push too hard but the brakes feel great. Theyare much sharper and there is more feedback. I cant wait to try themout next month at Brands.

While I was there Ialso had the ARC refitted along with a new SFS hose.

Don't hate me forsaying this but I wasn't too keen on the sound from the ARC at first.It was a lot louder than I was expecting to be honest. I think thiswas partly due to me making a mess of the fitting which was causingit to vibrate. Now its been fitted correctly though its reallystarting to grow on me. At low revs you hardly notice its there butas the revs build the sound it makes is immense! Its definitely akeeper for now.

Another great serviceat TGM and I cant thank Tom and the guys enough.

Looks like a set of very tasteful mods you got there mate, good bang for bucks IMO. You just need a bigger bore b pipe and k100!

More pics please

I know what you mean about the poly mounts, Colin. I just last week had them fitted & I can agree with the extra vibrations they cause. Horrible in traffic mate. Ideal for a track car I guess, not the daily.

May get this done now, I always have music on, so would the music drown out said vibrations? How much did it cost to fit Colin, very interested now.

Looks like a set of very tasteful mods you got there mate, good bang for bucks IMO. You just need a bigger bore b pipe and k100!

More pics please

Thanks mate, I wanted to get the handling/brakes sorted first. I am hopefully picking up the quaife diff on Saturday. Then I want to start adding more power :)

I know what you mean about the poly mounts, Colin. I just last week had them fitted & I can agree with the extra vibrations they cause. Horrible in traffic mate. Ideal for a track car I guess, not the daily.

Yeah, I am fortunate having a pretty short commute. I only had them fitted today so its hard to tell but I think I will be able to put up with it. Its as if the car is going to stall :lol:. Did you have a full polly bush kit fitted or just the ES engine Mounts? If so did you get both fitted or just the front?

May get this done now, I always have music on, so would the music drown out said vibrations? How much did it cost to fit Colin, very interested now.

You will probably still notice it with music on but its not as bad as it sounds. With both fitted I was told its a nightmare and people have turned back to have it removed. The mounts themselves are only about £25 but its the labour to have them fitted. Whilst I was having the new part fitted it made sense to have it done at the same time. You need to experience it in person really, id be happy to show you if your ever down my way.

Just picked this up :)

ad8ec1a0-1.jpg

Please ignore the Kaaz box as it is infact a Quaife. The guy I got it from had it in for just a few hundred miles before deciding he needed a plate diff.

Cheers Loxy, I cant wait to get it fitted but will it's going to take a few months to get the money together.

Attended my first trackday at Brands Hatch yesterday. It was only a 25 minute taster session but I cannot wait to get back out. Having been a spectator at Brands for a while it was great to finally be able to drive it. I wasn't exactly quick but felt more and more confident after each lap, just wish I had more time :)

In general I thought it was run really well. Not too many cars on track and the briefing covered everything in detail to make you feel at ease. For £35 including the £10 helmet hire I would recommend it to anyone interested in getting out on track for the first time.

Anyway here's a few pics.

IMG_8525_1700.jpg

IMG_8390_1700.jpg

IMG_8347_1700.jpg

IMG_8277_1700.jpg

Yeah its great, thought it was a good track for someone's first time as the indy circuit is very short. I felt pretty safe the whole time too, barriers are not too close. Paddock hill is a bit of a butt clencher though! didn't have the balls to go too quick through it just yet. :lol:

How'd you find Paddock Hill. :) Heard of many a stomach go on that bend.

Car looks great - did you manage to really push it to the limits you were capable of? How'd the car react.

Edit: You posted, as I was composing this message :)

Thanks Mate, yeah my stomach went the first few laps. As it was my first time I just went as fast as I felt comfortable with really trying to follow the correct lines. I didn't want to spin off which a few managed too.

The car was great, felt really composed and I never felt like I was anywhere near pushing what it was capable off.

Cant wait to get back out there on a longer session and to have some tuition. Looking to do a full novice day next month and I have paid to go with the HOT lot in June.

Have you been out on track much yourself mate? Here are the details from hondas-on-track encase you were interested.

Venue: Brands Hatch Indy.
Date: 11th June 2012 (Monday).
Length: 1.198 miles.
Noise limit: 102db (static) & 92db (drive by).
Format: OPL.
Price: £140.

Extras:

Additional Driver: FREE (but MUST be of similar experience).
Passengers: FREE.
Instruction: £20.
Helmet Hire: £10 on the day.

Sign on and noise testing - 3:30 till 4:20 pm.
Briefing - 4:20 pm.
Mini Bus Laps – 5:00 pm.
Start - 5:30 pm.
End - 8:00 pm.

No - I wanted to with my EP3, but sold it. I own a DC5 now - and definitely intend to take that out on track, I'd like to get some decent experience so that I can hit the 'ring one day.

Cheers for the detaisl :)

Sun

No worries mate, I'm sure your DC5 would be great on track. Id love to do something like the ring and spa trip organised on here one day.

Back