• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Colour of bulbs

Hi,

I bought a 2005 type r a month ago and I wanted to change the bulbs and get a HID KIT. Before I do I, checked the lights the other day and the sidelights are an orange colour and the dipped beam is more white. Is this standard on type r's or has the previous owner changed the dipped beam bulbs?

Thanks

Well orange side lights aren't normal to my knowledge, I'd be surprised if they'd pass an mot tbh.

As for your dipped, go and look HIDs are rather easy to spot as you'll have a ballast mounted somewhere and they'll need warming up before reaching optimum brightness

I think the side lights are halogen. They're not like a bright orange. Ok, thanks, ill have a look.

i think orange sidelights is the US style isn't it? heard of people changing them to orange bulbs before

Ill post a picture up when I get the chance, be easier than than explaining haha. I've probably described them wrong

Back