• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Comfort and 19" Wheels?

Has anyone got 19" wheels on FN2? If so do they compromise comfort significantly compared with 18". Saw some today and I was surprised how good the extra inch looked. Would the extra inch improve handling or road feedback. I do know that they are a costly option - going down the Honda route anyway. I can get great discount on tyres as the wife works at a car dealership. Any thoughts?

Has anyone got 19" wheels on FN2? If so do they compromise comfort significantly compared with 18". Saw some today and I was surprised how good the extra inch looked. Would the extra inch improve handling or road feedback. I do know that they are a costly option - going down the Honda route anyway. I can get great discount on tyres as the wife works at a car dealership. Any thoughts?

In theory, the 19" wheels will be more uncomfortable, handle worse and give worse feedback than the 18" option.

19"s...Do not want.
Standard 18"s, also do not want! Except as my winter set...but only because they were free!

P7210529.jpg

19s look great... but yes you can feel every little bump in the road... for the handling and steering feed back i havent noticed any difference from the 18s - might just be me though

but yeah looks great but it'll burn a hole in your wallet! £170 a corner for recommended tires - yoko advan sports

19's will also slow you down in terms of acceleration. Even with low profile tyres, you will still have a larger rolling radius. Couple that with the fact that 19's will almost certainly be heavier. :(

Some people view larger wheels as an upgrade, but in terms of performance the exact opposite applies. ;)

19's will also slow you down in terms of acceleration. Even with low profile tyres, you will still have a larger rolling radius. Couple that with the fact that 19's will almost certainly be heavier. :(

Some people view larger wheels as an upgrade, but in terms of performance the exact opposite applies. ;)

The 19" Rages are lighter than the Stock 18's.. but that extra inch saved on the 18's makes a world of difference, even if they are slightily heavier.

The Stock 18's look the best TBH.. I'm with Neily on this one in the case of the 19's - Rages (As they are the obvious/most common choice for 19") look too Tonka-truck/Matchbox: Massive on the car, in relation to it's body.. IMO, of course.

19's will also slow you down in terms of acceleration. Even with low profile tyres, you will still have a larger rolling radius.

The circumference of the 2 different wheel and tyre sets are the same.

Rages are fackin' awful, and as TypeRiter says, they look like matchbox toy wheels

I don't know about the rolling radius on the 19"s, but it will not be any smaller. :D

Our forum (accordr.org) has discussed this in depth and concluded that if you want performance
then drop down a size, as it saves weight and rolling radius.

19's are purely for looks, in my opinion.

If you value performance, braking and handling then drop to 17's if possible (if caliper clearance allows)

I would never even dream of running 18's on mine, let alone 19's. :-s

Honda went to a lot of trouble revising the final drive ratio and for good reason.... :D

The tyre size calculator says that in terms of rolling radius:

225/35R19 - 0.5% greater than 225/40R18 (current 30mph becomes 30.1, 60 becomes 60.3)

If they are available and fit in the wheelarch, 255/35R19 would be 0.9% less than standard (30.0mph becomes 29.9, 60 is 59.8)

If they are available and fit in the wheelarch, 255/35R19 would be 0.9% less than standard (30.0mph becomes 29.9, 60 is 59.8)

Sorry dude, I don't think you've worked that out right. 255/35/19 have a larger circumference than 225/35/19 and would make your speedo under read when compared to a 225/40/18. At 60 on the speedo you'd be doing doing just over 62.

When I was looking for my FN2 I turned down one at the dealers because it had Rages.

The 18s are hard enough to keep away from kerbage but the Rages would be a absolute nightmare! :eek:

I do like the look of the Champ White special edition ones but not the standard ones though....

Good: :smt023 (Courtesy of Marshall's Honda in Hull)

mediaid1006496135.jpg

mediaid1006496257.jpg

mediaid1006496176.jpg

Bad: :evil: (Again courtesy of Marshall's Honda in Hull)

mediaid1063890124.jpg

mediaid1063890141.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The demonstrator I used when I was buying mine was fitted with Rages, the ride was awfull and every bump was a nightmare. the salesman changed the wheels for my next ride and it felt much nicer. I opted for the standard wheels as a result of this even though I think the Rages look very nice.

19" has more rubber so grip is better than 18" and there lower profile so less play in the rubber wall so yes they do compromise comfort ...

19" Rage Tyres cost around 140 each

Back