• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Coming back to the ep3 fold ;)

Having owned 2 ep3's in the past a red facelift which got stolen and then a cosmic one which I sadly bent I am now wanting another ep3 as I miss them, fancy a black one this time and hopefully 3rd time lucky !!!

I currently have a 3.2 gsi Vectra which I'm planning to keep alongside the ctr... its great and quick but just doesn't involve you like the ep3 does.

Going to view this tomorrow... have already looked at 3 other black ones including a prem but they was all garbage.

If I cant get a test drive I'm walking away.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Hond...712615?hash=item2ca90c3d27:g:PO8AAOSwzgRW0agn

Plus I'm going to go in with my size 10's on and offer a lot less than the asking price ;)

p.s - if anyone has a decent ep3 for sale I don't mind travelling a few miles... I'm based in west Yorkshire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a nice example. Seems very reasonably priced with that mileage from a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will let you all know tomorrow... does look honest but I'm certain from the pics its had paint/filler on the passenger rear quarter... have hpi'd it and it comes back honest.

I know my ep3's if its not right I'm walking away... would rather waste a few quid in petrol than a few grand on a shed ;)

went to look at it but didn't put a deposit down as the back quarter had been badly repaired, guy said he was going to sort body and bar the dull paint on the corner it was an honest car... hopefully will find a decent one soon or may even go back for a second look if it hasn't sold.

sod it I'm in no rush!!

Update... the guy has offered to mint up the bodywork has had one previous lady owner and have hpi verified this.... I'm off back tomorrow for a test drive and if its right I'm going to buy it as bar the dull paint on rear quarter the rest of the car was spot on plus hes going to sort it out and full machine polish.

Think I'm just being a little bit too picky as all the others I have viewed were cak bodywise or sounded rough mechanically.

I forget that ep3's are getting a little long in the tooth but one of the last decent hot hatches... no turbos no sh1te !!!

Update... the guy has offered to mint up the bodywork has had one previous lady owner and have hpi verified this.... I'm off back tomorrow for a test drive and if its right I'm going to buy it as bar the dull paint on rear quarter the rest of the car was spot on plus hes going to sort it out and full machine polish.

Think I'm just being a little bit too picky as all the others I have viewed were cak bodywise or sounded rough mechanically.

I forget that ep3's are getting a little long in the tooth but one of the last decent hot hatches... no turbos no sh1te !!!

I walked away from a few before settling on mine.

Whether it was bodywork or mechanical, I knew that there were still decent ones out there.

Nothing wrong with being picky, it has to be right!

Well I went back and bought it lol.... forgotten just how much fun these things are and glad to have it alongside my gsi veccy.

Only got one pic for now as its dark so it isn't much cop :)

This ep3 drives better than my red and cosmic one put together... I'm chuffed with it plus shes 100 % standard :) and the meanest colour when clean I prefer it to the cosmic tbh.

Couple of daylight pics taken outside the wife's work, sorry they aren't the best will take some decent ones this weekend once I'm finished work... haven't really drove it much since buying due to being a long distance lorry driver lol... induction kit is already on the way and I'm also eying up a nice reg and it needs a nice exhaust on it ;)

Welcome back.
Looks a nice example, the opposite to mine in many ways. I took a gamble on a miley Milano with no history for £1300, no regrets as yet.

It drives spot on and goes like stink... feels much tighter than my previous ep3's, I have a few plans for the old girl but first job is to give the engine bay a clean!! for now here's a few more pics and a quick video of the short ram filter fitted... god how I missed that vtec bwaaahhh ;)

Vtec just kicked in yo ;)

Watch the SRI as those are tight fit near the steering arms, watch it doesn't rub in either direction.

Open cone noise is lovely but I only lasted a few months before needing an exhaust :lol:

Watch the SRI as those are tight fit near the steering arms, watch it doesn't rub in either direction.

Open cone noise is lovely but I only lasted a few months before needing an exhaust :lol:

Thanks m8... had one of these fitted to my old red one and never had any issues with it... this one is the same isn't catching or sat on anything, I think they are a bargain delivered for £40 and they give the desired noise :)

Back