• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Completely clueless, Tyre help please?

My front tyres have reached theit legal limit and now I need to change them, however this time I am really stuck for money, due to lack of work coming in at the moment, so need as cheap as possible, preferbly a tyre that handles well in the wet and with a low road noise (if possible). A good all round tyre really.

My current tyres are Bridgestone potenzas on all four corners, but obviously i cant afford these, so am wondering what to do.

Cheapest i have been quoted so far, is for a basic tyre at a local garage: - 'Avon' - and they are £65 + vat fitted. - Ive no idea if that is a good price or if these tyres are any good. I live near to the Stockport area / Manchester, so am wondering what others on here would suggest?

I get Yokohama Pradas for £74.25 a tyre fitted and balanced. These as im sure you know are not known for their excellence in the wet or road noise levels, but are generally considered one of teh best tyres availabel for teh EP3 and a high percentage of EP3 tend to run these.

Use this as a guide I suppose.

If I were you I may be pushed to spend the extra £9 a tyre to pay for qaulity.

What size are you looking for 205/40/R17 or 215/40/R17, or are you looking to keep the same size as OEM and go for 205/45/R17.

I am based in London, but should still be able to give you rough idea of whats about and what the costs involved are.

Toyo T1R maybe one of the option you can chose.....£60-70 per corner. Is also depending on the sizes you're going for...

Thanks for the replies, well i was thinkign of sticking to the same size, - to be honest, i thought i had to if im keeping the original wheels?

Suppose ill go for whatevers the best value for money, dont think the size would matter would it?

My current size is 205/45/R17 - if i changed these to another size, wouldnt it affect the speedo? :confused:

Back