• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Components to Aftermarket head unit???

hey people, basically i want to get some component speakers as the stock coaxial speakers in my EP3 arent great.

I have a aftermarket Alpine head unit and wont be amping the speakers i know its better to but ive just bought a 2 channel amp and sub so cant amp the speakers too plus the head unit only has 1 set of pre out so cant get a 4 channel, too much hassle anyway so just want to stick them into the head unit somehow. i wont be.

So is it possible to wire the components to the head unit if so how?

I get that the speakers and tweeters go into the crossover so how then do i wire the crossover to the head unit.

Thanks in advance i hope ive explained it well enough!

its worth saying i have searched loads on google and various other websites but i cant find a answer, halfords wernt any help either.

I know it can be done just dont know how

Extend factory wiring (that runs into door and to factory speaker) into crossover, then one run back to the tweeter and one run to the mid.

With no amp you'll need to aim for a speaker with as high a sensitivity as possible. I fitted JBL components in the rear for this reason. The pair I chose are slightly different, though, as they have an in-line crossover.

I ran Focal components in my last car off the HU only and they were fine.

Don't forget you'll need tweeter pods and mounting rings for the mid.

Back