• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Comptech Icebox Info?

Im looking for an induction kit and although the AEM CAI is at the top of my list, i want to consider other options.

I've been looking at the comptech icebox and to be it looks just like the standard airbox with a larger diameter airfeed from the bottom of the car.

I've heard these give good gains so I'm wondering if I could get similar results by modifying my standard airbox ie. Hondata airbox mod, drop in filter and bond on a custom cold airfeed similar to icebox.

I dont mind a bit of diy, and im confident i could do the work to a good standard. Do you reckon it would be worth the time and effort to have something unique or do i just get the CAI?

Also, anyone know how much the icebox costs and where from?

Cheers,

Owen

Icebox brand new are £170 delivered via the States.

Someone is selling an icebox in the classified section for 150 notes.

Buying an Icebox will be easier than modding your existing airbox but I can't see why it can't be done.

If you want induction roar and good gains the AEM CAI may be the one for you.

You are better off hearing, sampling these mods first hand otherwise have a good read around. If you do go the Icebox route I have done a fitting guide in the 'how to' section (it may help when modding your existing airbox). :wink:

The icebox is a good choice if you want the stock look and a bit more power/torque. Its louder in vtec and gives noticeable gains.

I didn't get a AEM CAI as I was worried about water issues, but a lot of peeps have this and haven't had any problems so far.

The icebox has the advantage of being very easy to clean. Once installed, it only takes a few minutes to remove the filter element for cleaning/replacing.

Back