• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Condensation in rear light clusters

They replaced mine under warranty on the FK2 for exactly this. Might be worth asking the question.

I get it in my rear lights when conditions are right, but it clears.
All manufacturers allow a certain amount of condensation in light units as normal.....it's when actual water droplets appear and it stays wet that it is no longer considered normal.

Cold mornings when it’s wet, or after I wash the car. I’ll take it up with Honda at some point. It clears by the time I get to work so doesn’t bother me too much. My FK2 was the same.

1008452f87b9f3c4cd39bfe9677af236.jpg

f11df6bc094d82847f65a2ff322c31fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s normal. The lights aren’t completely sealed. If they clear after a drive that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got it in mine too, it also doesn't help that LED bulbs don't emit any heat to help reduce any moisture that has built up. This might be why they are not completely sealed to let some airflow assist. if the whole lens was fogged up and during the warmer months then I'd be raising it with Honda then. right now it's rubbish weather, which means the car is in a constant state of being cold, wet, drive, dirty, rinse, and repeat cycle.

I’ve noticed this too but I had cleaned my car with a pressure washer. The condensation does seem to clear but I’m keeping an eye on it .

It must be a common issue with these, i was at my local dealership and there was an FK8 there and a normal Civic and both of them had the same condensation in the rear lights.

Back