• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Constant knocking

Hi I've got constant knocking on front of my car. I've replaced my worn out shocks, both top mounts and still the knocking noise is there.
I only have lowering springs.

Any opinions?

Thanks. :D

Lower ball joints or drop links... Both are easy to fix and cause constant knocking.

Thanks mate, I'm gonna book the car next week for the mechanic to sort it out.
I just had a full service last month and the mechanic didn't say anything about that but the noise is getting on my nerves now and was busy to sort it out that week.
So gotta call them and book the car so they could check.
Thanks mate.

I'm hoping they are cheap fix lol.
I was thinking my engine mounts are worn out as I've read some thread linking the knocks to the engine mounts.

Usually engine mounts would give a judder when lifting the clutch from a standstill and a delayed type feeling when changing gears where the engine is able to rock freely and dont usually make a constant knocking sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that post:) , also having the same issue. Let me know how it goes after the lower ball joint has been changed.

Back