• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Control Arm Bushes EP3

I've noticed that the control arm bushes are starting to perish on my Type R EP3. I'm debating on getting polly bushes fitted. Can anyone recommend a decent set? I'd rather they lasted and did the job properly than go for something cheap and find out further down the line that they're not up to the job.

I'm assuming that once the bushes have been changed the geometry will need to be set up again. I was planning on going to TGM to get this done but if anyone knows of a good garage in Surrey/West Sussex let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Why not use OEM ones? They are fine, unless of course you want to stiffen it up for track?

TGM is a good shout.

I am using Eibach's and TGM fitted it for me. I didn't feel any difference so I'm thinking it's just for bling, but it is lighter than OEM ones.

I did feel different when I had my JDM ARB done. :D

Thanks guys.

I've fitted a JDM rear ARB and had a fast road set up done. These are the only suspension mods i've done to my car the rest is standard. They made a noticeable difference though, especially on turn in.

I was hoping that fitting polly bushes may give the car a bit more steering feel. As well all no the electric rack is really bad for this.

Recently installed ENERGY-SUSPENSION Master Bushing Set - EP3 have to say its a nice feeling but I currently have everthing else standard at the moment.

I've just bought a SuperPro bush kit for the front lower control arms on my EP3, as the original ones have perished.

Installing them soon, will let you know how I get on.

SuperPro Front Castor Kit

I have the SuperPro front bushing kit fitted, to increase caster.

It changes my life. I have the LSD, and the car was exhausting to drive because the steering was not aligning itself. I was holding the steering wheel so hard to maintain the wheels pointing straight on the motorway and in the corners to avoid the barriers that I was exhausted driving the car.

Now, with the bushing kit the steering wheel is returning well to neutral, I can take my hands off from it on the motorway without being afraid of going into the wall at the next bump in the road, I am sooooooooooooo happy with it. I feel relieved, and I enjoy the car and the LSD.

The LSD was amplifying the lack or steering self aligning torque, and I strongly discourage installing the LSD without fitting the bushing kit.

The kit moves the front lower wishbones forward by about 5.5mm, which increases castor by around 0.6°. The car could certainly aford the same increase again. The (little) price to pay is a heavier steering when parking the car. But this is nothing compared to the benefits!

Attached : instructions for the SuperPro kit and the alignment values of my car with the kit fitted.

Attachments

• SuperPro-Front-BushingKit-Instructions.pdf
    562.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Geometry-EP3-with-SuperProKit.pdf
    281.6 KB · Views: 134
I have the SuperPro front bushing kit fitted, to increase caster.

It changes my life. I have the LSD, and the car was exhausting to drive because the steering was not aligning itself. I was holding the steering wheel so hard to maintain the wheels pointing straight on the motorway and in the corners to avoid the barriers that I was exhausted driving the car.

Now, with the bushing kit the steering wheel is returning well to neutral, I can take my hands off from it on the motorway without being afraid of going into the wall at the next bump in the road, I am sooooooooooooo happy with it. I feel relieved, and I enjoy the car and the LSD.

The LSD was amplifying the lack or steering self aligning torque, and I strongly discourage installing the LSD without fitting the bushing kit.

The kit moves the front lower wishbones forward by about 5.5mm, which increases castor by around 0.6°. The car could certainly aford the same increase again. The (little) price to pay is a heavier steering when parking the car. But this is nothing compared to the benefits!

Attached : instructions for the SuperPro kit and the alignment values of my car with the kit fitted.

I have recently just bought the Front Control Arm Bushes (With Caster Increase) as I wasn't keen on the last ones I got (giving off a creaking noise) glad to see your happy with the SuperPro as I should have them this weekend or next week so looking forward to have them installed.

Do you find any noise going slowly up and down a curb or over speed bumps?

Thanks.

as I wasn't keen on the last ones I got (giving off a creaking noise)

OEM bushings or another aftermarket solution ?

glad to see your happy with the SuperPro as I should have them this weekend or next week so looking forward to have them installed.

Do you find any noise going slowly up and down a curb or over speed bumps?

Thanks.

I did not notice any noise with them yet. I have done only 300km with the SuperPro kit, it's all good.

The noise that I do have is a knocking noise. The guys changed my front ARB drop links, but the knocking when going down the curbs is still there. May be it is in the steering.

Hey, I have fitted my SuperPro front LCA bushes and am also getting a knocking/creaking noise over bumps, is this normal?

Besides this noise they have made a good improvement over the worn out OEM bushes.

May be they are not installed properly, or it is not coming from them. I have no noise nor knocking. My knocking was there before the change.

It feels better to drive not because the bushing is fresh, but mostly because it changes the castor angle.

Ive just swapped my front lower control arms ( Wishbones ) to extended ones without swapping my caster increase bush's over ..... lets just say I'll be changing the bush's asap ! Car felt so much better with more caster than std

Hey, I have fitted my SuperPro front LCA bushes and am also getting a knocking/creaking noise over bumps, is this normal?

Besides this noise they have made a good improvement over the worn out OEM bushes.

Just an update on this, the front (vertical) bush with the 2 poly 'cup' bushes either side, I had them fitted the wrong way round (doh!).

So I swapped them round and now the nasty noise has gone! Very pleased with them so far, might get some more. :)

Back