• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Cooking brakes

I went out for a drive the other day. I forgot how bad the OEM brakes fade on the fn2. After a mile or two they were shot. What is a good brake configuration to use? I want to upgrade the brake lines, pads and discs on my champ white but am not sure what parts work together the best. If somebody could point me in the right direction then it would be a big help. Cheers lads

Atm I'm running RPB discs front and rear with EBC redstuff pads, RPB lines and Motul RBF600 fluid and brake feel is a huge improvement and no fade so far.

Car is a EP3 though. There are better pads out there than the EBC's and next time I'll probably get different pads, this set up I find works well for me and is a massive improvement I just feel the pads could have a bit more bite.

Dim problem :).

It's down to preference really, some say you don't really need them for an everyday road car and you don't feel the difference unless using them on track, however, mine's an everyday driver and I can feel the difference, the pedal feels firmer even in everyday use and get's even firmer when braking hard.

This gives you greater braking confidence and a much better feel. Personally I feel they make a difference and are worth it. :)

The lines are well worth it. My CW was lucky to come with Stoptech discs and pads and upgraded lines. The brakes felt good, positive and stopped well enough. It was not until i had a drive in a standard Type R that i though this is the worst standard brakes i have ever seen. The pedal has to travel so far before it actually does anything. So happy i got one the owner thought the same thing. Just doing the lines so the pedal actually does something without being in the carpet, is a good start.

Recently upgraded again to the stoptech touring kit, and they are even better. Highly recommended.

Good info. Cheers. I've been looking at brake lines. Is their much difference between the stoptech, hel and goodridge? Also I assume I should go with a 6 line kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running:

Mugen lines (front and back)
Endless MX72 pads (front)
OEM discs (front and back)
Motul RBF600 fluid

Amazing difference

Back