• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Coolant leak/whats this part?

Hello peoples

for a while now i've been loosing some coolant (pretty slowly) now after I changed my expansion tank which I found to have a hole in I noticed that im also loosing coolant from the part in this picture, as you can kind of see the tool that has had it off before never tightened it up properly, and also decided to snap it with it being plastic. my main question is what part is it? where can you get one? and how the bloody hell do you change it? any help would be super at this itme!

That looks like the water outlet. Does that top pipe connect to the inlet manifold?

Yes mate, Just found out it's some sort of air bypass valve that goes around the injectors, just got the engine warm and it's bubbling coolant out, if I take the whole housing off I'm guessing all the coolant will flush out?

All I know about that valve is it helps warm the car up when it's cold out. My top union was broken on mine but I was able to glue it back together. As far as I'm aware you can't just get that part as it only comes as an assy.

Yeah I noticed it was a full unit to buy, do you know if you take the housing off if the coolant will flush out? If so I'll just drop the coolant and put fresh in tomorrow

Just found out that the housing is open at the back do I'll flush the coolant tomorrow take the housing off then tighten, only other way I can see to tighten it whilst still on is taking the rocker cover off which I can't be bothered to do

Has anyone used the Orange motul coolant from tegiwa before? I can't get any of the Honda stuff today and need my car tomorrow

Has anyone used the Orange motul coolant from tegiwa before? I can't get any of the Honda stuff today and need my car tomorrow

I've used and continue to use the Motul coolant from Tegiwa I've had no issues.

Hope you get it all sorted.

Cheers bud glad to know others use and rate it, just done it all, tightening the valve was a issue due to lack of access but were now leak free, Just now I've found I've either got a blowing exhaust or faulty lamba as it's chucking a code at me.. it's all fun and games

Yeah the codes are pointing to that, it only does it once every month or 2 I'll replace it soon

Back