• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cooling fan question

Hi, just noticed that the drivers side fan is the fan that cools down the car as well runs the ac and passenger side fan doesn't work had car probably like this for 2 years any ideas if anything is wrong here cheers.

IIRC it only works when the a/c is full on and you're stopped so it cools the condenser (a/c rad), try turning a/c on full, on coldest, on recirculating, fan speed fully on and the in the grill should be working... :confused:

crowds

IIRC it only works when the a/c is full on and you're stopped so it cools the condenser (a/c rad), try turning a/c on full, on coldest, on recirculating, fan speed fully on and the in the grill should be working... :confused:

crowds

Thanks for getting back crowds. The fan near the expansion bottle cools down the car and i had bonnet open today as soon as it stopped I put air con on and it puts more load on engine and the same fan spins. The passenger side fan wasn't working but I will give it a go with air con at full speed. Cheers

Thanks my aircon fan runs when air con is off and the other fan I have never seen that work might have to check wiring or fuse unless its not recently been like this. Will the car be ok to drive or can it over heat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked, nearside fan is engine cooling, offside (driver-side) is the A/C fan...

crowds

This has now been sorted the cooling fan fuse was blown and now when heater blower is on full on coldest air con option both fans are working thanks for the help crowds.

Back