• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Coomya's DC5

Thought i should start a thread as i've carried out a couple of mods in the first few months of ownership and i plan on making a few more.

I bought the car back in May and it already had a couple of modifications, a Fujitsubo cat-back exhaust system, eibach springs on standard shocks, adjustable rear camber bolts and a K&N drop in air filter.

Its a 2001 CW DC5 Type R with the C-pack.

Apologies in advance for some of the photos.... the DSLR only comes out for shows and photoshoots and not outside my front door ;) this is where the phone cameras have their uses:

IMG_2786.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

20110807MC00010-1.jpg

Every car i have ever owned has been modified to some extent, so i just couldnt live with the OEM look of the car and the fact that i see many others around Norwich and at shows, i just wanted to be a little bit different.

This may not be to everyone's taste, and i appreciate that everyone is different.... So first up i decided to replace the spoiler. I always keep all the original parts, so i have no problem in returning the car to standard if i wish.

First up was a genuine carbon fibre Mugen rear spoiler..... so the transformation from OEM, to spoiler-less to new:

IMG00180-20110829-1424.jpg

IMG00179-20110829-1424.jpg

IMG00182-20110829-1529.jpg

IMG00183-20110829-1529.jpg

Then i needed some more black up front to balance out the look, so i went on the search for a carbon fibre bonnet, i'm not a fan of the Mugen bodykit, and i dont really like all the vents in their bonnet, so i went for the buddyclub bonnet which has just the 1 single vent/opening above the exhaust manifold, it looks a bit cleaner and maintains the lines across the front of the car:

IMG00201-20110915-1646-1.jpg

I have also replaced the front badge as the silver areas started to de-laminate.... i was a bit shocked to find that replacing this badge was a bumper off job, none the less, the bumper came off to get the job done, and whilst it was off it gave me a chance to clean up all the areas hidden behind the bumper.

Next up will be a complete renewal of the waxoil on the chassis in readiness for winter, and then i will begin to save up for some performance modifications.

I want to stay N/A as my last car was turbocharged, so i plan to carry out a few breathing mods on the engine and see if i can achieve a better power to weight ratio than my old Impreza, i have worked out that i need about 40bhp increase to do this - which i think is easily achievable.

So it will have to be:

RRC Manifold
Larger throttle body
Decat
Induction kit
(maybe cams)
K-Pro

All comments welcome :D

Yep, that was on my mind, not sure whether i will buy some aftermarket wheels with tyres or simply powdercoat my white ones black/gunmetal

Think i'll just keep a watchful eye on the 'For Sale' sections and see what turns up.

Looks good mate. Think the OEM wheels really suit DC5's especially coloured correctly

Back