• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Corroded Brake / Fuel Pipes

Just had my ATR serviced at Honda and was told on the inspection report that the brake and fuel pipes that run from the front to the rear of the car underneath are badly corroded. Anyone had this problem themselves and is this a common problem on the ATR? And if so how much did you pay for repair? Not a great start to 2009.:cry:

The rear brake pipes corroding are common, although I would get a second opinion just to make sure;)

The rear brake pipes corroding are common, although I would get a second opinion just to make sure;)

I concur. Dealers can be sneaky gits for trying to get a quick buck from the unsuspecting. Took my old CTR in for a check up and they told me my rear discs where corroded. Took it home and had the wheels off and they were completely sound apart from the rust around the edge where the pad doesn't touch the disc (which happens on all cars). I went back and told them what I thought of their inspection. :mad:

Cheers guys good advice. I think the best thing is for me to get a second opinion before i spend my hard earned cash.

more than likely they will need sanding down and regreasing. But due to the badly designed plastic cover,which just catches all the salt, they will probably need replacing.

Back