• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cosmic Grey Premier Edition - STOLEN FROM EAST LONDON NEAR UPNEY STATION THIS MORNING

Hi guys,

I'm Sharif, 22 from London.

Used to have a MK5 Golf Gt Tdi but had to sell it due to some unforeseen circumstances:

d72e89b3.jpg

86c90dea.jpg

0bf6dfb3.jpg

IMG_20121126_233415.jpg

Went through an MX-5 after this but sold it within a month. Really wanted to get an S2000 but I couldn't find reasonable insurance so in the end settled on this Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R Premier Edition.

As I bought it:

IMG_20121008_102424.jpg

I knocked a fair amount off the asking price as the car needed a lot of work, so I got the wheels colour coded, new tyres on the front, new brakes on the rear, full service etc.

Car now looks like this:

IMG-20121011-WA0000.jpg

One with my cousins S2000:

IMG-20121010-WA0000.jpg

At the MOT station:

20121112_122453.jpg

I decided to change the headunit that was in it, so found one that worked with my phone and got that. Old headunit:

IMG_20130102_155917.jpg

New headunit:

IMG_20130102_182423.jpg

One with the bike:

IMG-20121211-WA0000.jpg

And one in the snow:

20130120_113904.jpg

I am planning a trip to the Ring in the summer with a few friends, so my future plans are to get the car ready for that.

I need to fit the Hertz components I bought. I would like to get new tyres for the rears.

I spoke to TGM yesterday and they recommended using Honda discs and Ferodo pads instead of the Brembo discs and pads I was initially going to get. So when pay day comes, I will book the car into TGM for new discs and pads on the front and have the fast road set up done too.

The car has some dents from the previous owner, so want to get those sorted. I want to sell the private plate as I have no use for it. I do want some more power from the car but the costs involved look quite huge, and I learnt the hard way with modding the Golf and lost a lot when I sold it.

I will eventually upgrade to an S2000 at somepoint in the future though, so carefully deciding what I will do to this car.

Thanks for reading,

Sharif

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight update:

Met up with my mate earlier and we fitted the Hertz DSK 130 components.

Pic during the fitting:

20130124_162859.jpg

IMG_20130124_164524.jpg

One of the previous owners had bodged the job fitting the JVC speakers, so my mate and I sorted that all out. I don't have any more pics of the finished article, was bloody freezing outside and was in a rush to get back to uni so more pics tomorrow.

It sounds so much better now. The sound is so much more crisp and the whole audio experience has been improved massively. In a few months time I will probably get a 4 channel amp and a small sub to improve the sound further.

Looks a lovely car chap, sounds like you had a few headaches from the previous owner though, usually the way isn't it!!! :picardfp:

Thumbsup for the speaker choice too, i've had Hertz speakers in several of my old cars, always been very impressed indeed! Went for a set of Focal's in the front of the Civic however (with seperate tweeters) and also have a JL Audio 8" sub in a slim line box (comes as one, not a seperate box and sub) with a Hertz amp. As the boot space isn't massive in the Civic, the slim line box is a nice compromise and highly recommended :smt023

Looks a lovely car chap, sounds like you had a few headaches from the previous owner though, usually the way isn't it!!! :picardfp:

Thumbsup for the speaker choice too, i've had Hertz speakers in several of my old cars, always been very impressed indeed! Went for a set of Focal's in the front of the Civic however (with seperate tweeters) and also have a JL Audio 8" sub in a slim line box (comes as one, not a seperate box and sub) with a Hertz amp. As the boot space isn't massive in the Civic, the slim line box is a nice compromise and highly recommended :smt023

Thanks bud. Previous owner really didn't look after the car at all (was a carpenter) so a few dents which I want to sort, plus theres a cigarette burn in the drivers recaro from the previous owner :( but can't justify the cost of a retrim! But I'm going to try restore the car to its former glory!

The DSK-130's are such good speakers, it did come with tweeters (just didn't get a photo of them). Sounds a hell of a lot better now. Focals are awesome too! I was looking at that subwoofer just waiting for Car Audio Security to have another sale and it should drop to £200 and I'll get a 4 channel amp too.

Thanks bud. Previous owner really didn't look after the car at all (was a carpenter) so a few dents which I want to sort, plus theres a cigarette burn in the drivers recaro from the previous owner :( but can't justify the cost of a retrim! But I'm going to try restore the car to its former glory!

The DSK-130's are such good speakers, it did come with tweeters (just didn't get a photo of them). Sounds a hell of a lot better now. Focals are awesome too! I was looking at that subwoofer just waiting for Car Audio Security to have another sale and it should drop to £200 and I'll get a 4 channel amp too.

Ahh good man, you already know the sub i'm talking about then! the black rectangular box with "JL Audio" in silver, on the front to the left of the speaker! It cost me approx. £250 when i got it, but it does sound really good and with the Focals in the front, I haven't got rear speakers as this was the recommendation from my local car audio place which i've gone to for years. If the Hertz have seperate tweeters, they might be the speakers I had in my old Vectra GSi! Don't mention fag burns though, i've got one on my passenger side Recaro thanks to MY previous owner!! With mine being a 30th Anniversary edition, the Recaros are red so it does show up sadly :( ..... luckily, they're covered in tailored seat covers *lol*

Haha yeah mate the one in the really slim ported box? My friend ran two of them in his Smart and said they were awesome! Ah thats a shame mate, mine is in the red fabric too!

Hi Sharif, car is looking awesome. Some cool looking mods so far. I love a premier edition. PS I loved your Golf too. Excellent stuff mate

Cheers Mike :)

Car should be going into TGM next week, for standard Honda discs, Ferodo DS sport pads and the fast road set up.

Was looking at the DS2500 pads but was told there not actually road legal. Also contemplating braided brake lines? Do you guys recommend getting them done too?

Update:

I got the brakes done at TGM quite a while back, just ended up doing the Honda discs and Ferodo DS Sport pads. Didn't end up doing the fast road set up as I was informed the clutch was on its way out.

Had it back there yesterday as I had to get a new clutch, a new engine mount as one was broken and also get a new flywheel as it wasn't in the best of condition. The car drives so much better now.

Once again a big thanks to TGM for sorting out the car so quickly.

I ended up buying a 8" W3 in a ported box and a 5 channel JBL amp so will get those in the car in the near future.

Really want to get the fast road set up at some point.

A pic my mate took:

8528828901_2d7d6e531e_c.jpg

Update:

I have fitted the sub and amp and amped the front door speakers, however, I am getting interference from the speakers when the engine is on.

The ground is to the chassis behind the rear seats , although will double check this to ensure the connection is good.

Could the interference be down to the cables be running down one side of the car only? If this is the case, I will re run the cables so they are on both sides of the car.

Update:

I have fitted the sub and amp and amped the front door speakers, however, I am getting interference from the speakers when the engine is on.

The ground is to the chassis behind the rear seats , although will double check this to ensure the connection is good.

Could the interference be down to the cables be running down one side of the car only? If this is the case, I will re run the cables so they are on both sides of the car.

Try earthing to another point to see if the problem persists, wasting your time other wise

i have the power cable and remote down passenger side, and the rcas down the other, keeps them seperate and helps reduce interference.
i have 2 amps and a power cap. i keep all my earths seperate. theres a good one each side behind the panels, i put mine on a thread in the spare wheel well i cleaned up, and one on each side behind the panels.

Thanks for the replies. Earth is fine, think it is the cables being down the same side. After my exams in a few weeks, I am going to re-do the wiring and run the rca's on one side and the power cable on another.

Bought some Hertz rear coaxials at the Car Audio Security sale. Will also get them fitted after exams.

I was just wondering what kind of mpg you guys get from your EP3's? I'm getting around 19 mpg with mixed driving :S

The car had the service with the valve clearances before I bought it, but may get it serviced again as I am pretty sure I should be getting more mpg than that. A friend of mine had a Porsche 997 2S and he was getting 24 mpg. Think the most I've got out of a full tank of V Power is 230 miles.

Back