• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cosmic Grey Premier Edition - STOLEN FROM EAST LONDON NEAR UPNEY STATION THIS MORNING

This was car was stolen on a test drive from East London near Upney Train Station, this morning at 9.20am roughly. Registration is X14 VKM.

If anyone sees it please contact the police!

Bugger, sorry to hear this. How was it stolen on a test drive? Did you not go out on the test drive?

Look out for people breaking a cosmic on the net. Thats what will happen.
Im sorry to hear about that. Feel for you.

Student finance weren't going to give me a loan for my final year of university. I sold the Golf and two weeks after they said they were going to give me a loan. I had an MX-5 as a stop gap, then sold that and got the Type R.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

The guy seemed to know these cars very well. He looked around the car well, he looked for dents/defects in the body, he said the front end had a respray which I was unaware of.

He looked under the bonnet, said the engine was very good.

He asked me to take him for a drive. I took him for a spin. He said he had a traders policy and asked to drive the car. I said yes, then when he was finished, he said to swap back over. As I got out the car, he got out, as I was behind the car, he jumped back in and drove off. It all happened so quickly. He spoke very professionally, thought he was genuinely interested as he was asking a lot about the car, he knew a lot about Type R's and was saying he had a DC5 previously but it got written off.

Police were saying this happens all the time.

He was an asian guy, about 6 ft roughly, skinny guy, was wearing a baseball cap. He was wearing gloves. Had a jaw strap kind of beard.

Student finance weren't going to give me a loan for my final year of university. I sold the Golf and two weeks after they said they were going to give me a loan. I had an MX-5 as a stop gap, then sold that and got the Type R. Thanks for all the replies guys. The guy seemed to know these cars very well. He looked around the car well, he looked for dents/defects in the body, he said the front end had a respray which I was unaware of. He looked under the bonnet, said the engine was very good. He asked me to take him for a drive. I took him for a spin. He said he had a traders policy and asked to drive the car. I said yes, then when he was finished, he said to swap back over. As I got out the car, he got out, as I was behind the car, he jumped back in and drove off. It all happened so quickly. He spoke very professionally, thought he was genuinely interested as he was asking a lot about the car, he knew a lot about Type R's and was saying he had a DC5 previously but it got written off. Police were saying this happens all the time. He was an asian guy, about 6 ft roughly, skinny guy, was wearing a baseball cap. He was wearing gloves. Had a jaw strap kind of beard.
Where was the guy from out of interest (location). I warned a mate of mine about this the other day - as he is selling up. Anytime I've sold a car - I've taken the guys license off him and left in in my house whilst on the test drive, or had someone sit in the car with me or tail me in another car. Just can't trust anyone, especially the sterotypical asian "badda-man"... sad to say really as I'm an Asian guy, that wears baseball caps. Alarm bells would have been ringing if someone of that description rocked up to my drum.

Apologies for the multi-posts, do you not have a number/email address/contact details for the fcker? Surely there must have been some contact prior to viewing the car?

sad to hear mate.....i spoke to you once at east london meet a couple months back......ill keep a lookout on ebay etc

Back