• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cost to repair or is it a write off?

Does anybody know?

a4ehyty4.jpg

hy9y8eqy.jpg

y6e4u7ar.jpg

ja3uha8e.jpg

senyze7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. It's only done 47,000 miles.

I've never Been in this situation before, just wondering how I'd go about getting it fixed if they written it off?
Do I have to pay for it myself? Or do I have to give my car to the insurance company and they pay out the market value?

Great. It's only done 47,000 miles.I've never Been in this situation before, just wondering how I'd go about getting it fixed if they written it off?Do I have to pay for it myself? Or do I have to give my car to the insurance company and they pay out the market value?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, depends if you informed your insurance company of the mods..However yes.Call insurance company, tell them, they offer value of vehicle less excess, you reject and ask for more.

No mods are on it, it's standard. Just gutted really as I've really looked after it.

Diesel or oil or something on the motorway, The car just spun and hit a barrier. Nobody else was involved. Got out of the car (just about, the door wouldn't open fully), looked around, picked up the bumper, and there was like a rainbow coloured patch on the road, and it stink of oil or something. Phoned the police and told them, then got on the phone to the insurance company.

Bad news mate but you were lucky you didn't end up like the crash on the M6. Horrible.

I'd say write off, EP3's are cheap now.

Unlucky bud, but at the same time glad you are OK.

I have to agree, I'd say that's a write off. Especially if the airbag went off as they aren't cheap new.

If it does get written off you'll be offered as settlement as per what fools said. You can then offer to buy the car back off them, which should obviously be a lot lower than they offered you in the settlement. You can then use second hand parts to repair it and cheap (yourself) labour which the insurance company can't, so you should be able to get it back on the road fairly cheap. It'll always have the cat marker on it though so will be worth less when you come to sell.

Or you could just break it for parts.

Thanks for the replies

That's the thing, no airbags went off, no damage at all, only what's on the photos.
I think they're going to phone me later this week. Fingers crossed its not a write off as its the best car I've ever had, and even though it's in a bit of a mess right now - I still don't want to get rid of it

Really simple.

Protected NCD or not?

If yes claim, won't matter, sure premium will rise slightly, however shouldn't be too bad and you get 90% of the cash back.

Not protected? You are looking at a drop in 2 years NCD so higher rated premium, then the claim, higher rated premium.

I'd say claim, you will get £3-5k. However manchester postcode, may mean hefty premium hike....

Yep, protected no claims discount. About 12 years no claims in total.
It's not really the money, I just want the car right again. I really hope it's not a write off.

Yep, protected no claims discount. About 12 years no claims in total.
It's not really the money, I just want the car right again. I really hope it's not a write off.

It won't be right again, and normally anything over 5 years is irrelevant, so you are likely to drop to 3 years NCD. Who are you insured with?

Same thing happened to me years ago. I span out on diesel or oil where there had been an accident earlier. I claimed and lost no ND as my insurance were able to proove that the recovery of the previous accident hadn't cleaned up the mess. Worth looking into, did you take any photos of where the diesel/oil was and where you ended up? When it happened to me there was even bits of the other accident all over the place.

See if the people whoever take care of the road have been informed about it before that happend to you they are liable so am told. but finding out if they knew about it i don't know.

I wrote a car off a few years ago and they offerd me 3400 if i kepted the car or 3900 if they took the car it was first i heard insurance companys doing that so not sure if its normal now. could be worth a shot but if they offer that.

Also never accept first offer.

That's bad luck mate.

Doesn't really look too bad to me.

If I were you I'd buy the parts myself from eBay/breakers then get a few quotes from different bodyshops.

There's a genuine wing for the side you need on eBay for £60.

Thanks for the replies.
I'm hoping to hear off the insurance company this week. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
Anyone know if you get a courtesy car with fully comp insurance? I forgot to ask?

Depends on your policy and what you've paid for. Every company is different.

You'll only know by checking your policy.

Spoke to the Insurance again earlier.

They said they will contact a local repair garage, who will come and collect it and then sort out a courtesy car at that point. She said they will contact me within the next few days.

Thing is, as its my first claim, I've no idea what will happen next. Or how long etc etc

Back