• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cough, splutter.

NickCTR

Moron
Went for a drive to fill up with Tesco 99, after a 20 minute drive home, whilst I pulled up outside my house, the engine was struggling to idle. I gave it some revs, but the engine struggled to keep up. After maybe 6 seconds, the engine revved as normal. Went for another drive after that and everything was OK. Any ideas?

Dunno, car is running fine now. Just wondered if anyone else's engine has had a breathless moment.
The AEM I am getting will sort it :lol:
Cheers Neil.

Had a similar experience with esso supreme 97 once, I gave the car a good thrashing which seemed to sort it out. No idea why though, I assumed it was just because its normally run on shell v-power and the change in fuel characteristics made it hesitate?

Was the car very low on fuel before you filled it up? Could it be possible some crap from the depths of the tank got into the fuel lines?

The tank was low but not enough to light up the reminder bulb.
Ah well, car is running fine now. Thanks all.

I got down to 5 miles left last week by the time I got to the petrol station. Took 48 litres to fill it up! :lol:

I got down to 5 miles left last week by the time I got to the petrol station. Took 48 litres to fill it up! :lol:

You're not really trying unless you drive for 20 miles with it at zero! :D
49.63 litres of your finest v power petroleum please sir, post haste! :D

Back