• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Could anyone tell me whether my ECU is OEM or aftermarket?

as the title states im unsure what my ECU is. i've tried itr-dc5.com but didnt get much luck.

hopefully one of you guys can help!

I've already told you on the DC5 forum it's an OEM ECU or at the most it may be a K100 but doubtful.

Unless you can open it up to see if it has a daughterboard soldered in, then assume it's OEM.

But I already told you this once.

If it's modded, it'll have an extra chipboard inside with Hondata stamped on it. Otherwise it's standard.

I would have thought if this came with the car then it would have had some paperwork/rolling road print out if it was an aftermarket ECU.

As above, undo the 4 screws and there should be a chip probably saying k100 (darker shade of Green circuit board) inside the ECU Something like this

k100.jpg

Lol, when I was getting my AEM fitted by Romain at Eurospec, he pulled this out of my JDM S2000, I had no idea.

Bare loling commenced I assure you.

IMG_4110.jpg

What evr happened to that Nick? Did you flog it on or did you get it mapped?

Fixed ECU mate, sold it on.

Fixed ECU's are popular in the S2000, as they offer good bolt on power, plus combine them with bolt on mods and it gets better.

Not as good as a fully programable ECU though, like the AEM :) .

Back