• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Could no find where to post

Basicaly i have sent the fn2 to the dreaded mot, 2 x new tyres and a puncture, rocker cover gasket (second time in a year), drivers side shocker, heat sinc replacement, new arch protector, arc lining, lower bumpber and battery. Cost a fortune this time, i was like well all cars break its just the name of the game. You know what im going to fill the air con get the old girl back to perfection. £39.99 and feel like a eskimo :). Well i feel like a arab in the bloody sahara.
The garage fills the air con says great no leaks at all , he has this fancy snap on tablet does all kinds of diognostics that turn on the fans, up the fans, voltages ect ect.......
cost me £50+ and the air con dont work. Turns out the pump/compressor is not kicking in, the engine revs slightly and the air con says no.
Its done 60 thousand miles and i had her 4 years and put 18 thousand on the clock. Im ringing round everywhere and everyone s selling second hand ones for £120-£200 and they have done 77 thousnd miles to one thats done 100 thousand miles.
Anyone any advice before i go to honda and get a new compressor/pump whatever its called. The garage want me to pay £65 per hour for a guy to test it he is a electition and will tell me whats whrong could be a regulator or the full compressor/ pump.
Im gutted thinking trade her in for 4k get my pants pulled down and my ass spanked by honda and put £3000 deposit and get the new type r for £299 a month. Problem is i test drove the new type r and the fn2 is just a better drive, its no wher as good as the new type r speed ect ect.... just like it more to drive.
Anyone know what the dammage will be on a new compressor/pump?

Only just read your post mate , i was going to say AC relay, on the fn2 thats 99% of the ac faults , i replace loads of them, we keep 3 in stock

is this common on the ep3s , mine got filled and worked for a few days then nothing. but the lad said he can't see any leaks

is this common on the ep3s , mine got filled and worked for a few days then nothing. but the lad said he can't see any leaks

AC condensor is very common mate on the ep3 , if the AC relay on the ep3 goes faulty then ot normally shows a current drain of over 0.03A
On the FN2 the relay sticks & then causes the compressor not to kick in but the fans will still work

Cheers Jizzy. I've got a feeling it's more of a leak problem as I reckon if I was to get it filled again it would work for a few days. Or do you mean the Condensor could be the biggest leak path.

lad I had the car off never used it I thought the seals would have dried up. If I try the bleed valve it hisses.

Thank you you and sorry to hijack

On my EP2 I had the air con re-gassed and a few days later it stopped working as you describe Spike. It turned out to be one of the metal pipes that goes into the air con radiator, the end bit had snapped off but was still inside the radiator. Didn't look like there were any leaks but obviously that wasn't creating a great seal! A used pipe from a breakers and some time to remove the broken end sorted it and was fine since.

Cheers Jizzy. I've got a feeling it's more of a leak problem as I reckon if I was to get it filled again it would work for a few days. Or do you mean the Condensor could be the biggest leak path.

lad I had the car off never used it I thought the seals would have dried up. If I try the bleed valve it hisses.

Thank you you and sorry to hijack

On the ep3 the AC condensor is the biggest fail, also when you remove the condensor the bottom AC pipe breaks off
Dont be pressing the HP/LP valves as R134a is dangerous to inhale & stains if there is uv Die in the system
Now that you have pressed them & it hisses then it may have gas in the system but not enough to opperate the pressure switch so compressor wont kick in

Yea I only blipped it to make sure there was pressure. No coloured gas came out.

Think i may have to get a die put in to check for leaks over the whole system as it's certainly dropping below the level for it to kick in

Yea I only blipped it to make sure there was pressure. No coloured gas came out.

Think i may have to get a die put in to check for leaks over the whole system as it's certainly dropping below the level for it to kick in

Have alook through your front bumper at the condensor & see if the veins have dropped , post a pic if need be

Doesnt look in the best condition mate
Best bet would be to get a leak die put in the system ,if it passes its vac test they will also re-gas the system then check for leaks useing a uv light & goggles , if it is a small leak & doesnt show within an hour run it for a couple of days then take it back & get them to check for leaks
Make sure thow that u explain to the garage whats happening with the AC , ie; re gassed then leaks out & hopefully they will only charge you once for the re-gas & tell you where the leak is coming from then Quote you on the repair

Back