• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Couldnt Get TRO!!

For the last hour, I have been unable to access the correct TRO site. Upon trying to access the site, i was directed to a different webpage. This page had the TRO URL, even the little red 'R'. BUT the page was as below;

BIG PIC CLICKY!

Even resetting and clearing the cookies etc... didnt allow me to get the correct TRO up!

Any ideas??

Captain Redbeard said:
Black R said:
you have to add in the 'www'

then it seems to work, but yeh its a DNS error
This didn't work for me. I could get on OK at home but not at all from work, with or without www

I followed fingery's advice posted on CTRO and now I can get on both forums with no trouble. :)
fingery said:
If you dont want to wait for a DNS refresh you'll need to put an entry in c:\%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Put the following entry in...

212.42.1.58 type-r-owners.co.uk
212.42.1.58 www.type-r-owners.co.uk
212.241.196.113 civictype-r.co.uk
212.241.196.113 www.civictype-r.co.uk

I have this problem as well. I'm posting this from home no probs but from work i CANNOT get onto this place for love nor money. I had great help from nick (hasnic i think) and have tried the solution that fingery on the other forum suggested but even this doesn't work. Can anyone giev me any suggestions that i try???? It's been a real ar$e not be able to access this place all day :(

monkey boy kev said:
I have this problem as well. I'm posting this from home no probs but from work i CANNOT get onto this place for love nor money. I had great help from nick (hasnic i think) and have tried the solution that fingery on the other forum suggested but even this doesn't work. Can anyone giev me any suggestions that i try???? It's been a real ar$e not be able to access this place all day :(

if you set your dns servers to 212.9.96.21 and 212.9.98.20 you should be fine (these are the dns servers I operate in work and as yet haven't had any probs with false ip addresses)

I just had this problem. Did a full system scan, my anti-virus software detected nothing, re-booted my PC, tried TRO again and all was fine :?

I am guessing the guide above by Fingery relates to a Windows PC?? I had the problem yesterday on my Mac running OSX and using Safari as a web browser. :?

this is nothing to do with a problem on your computer, its a problem with your ISP's dns servers resolving the domain name for various sites to the wrong IP address.
You either stamp your feet and get the ISP to do something about it (good luck with that) or change your dns servers to something else. Alternatively you can set the hosts to resolve manually using the hosts file (mac has this too in /etc/hosts)

I'm currently migrating our master DNS records onto another set of servers to rule out the possibility of our current ones being the problem (I've noticed we use the same servers as ctro do so it may be more than a coincidence)

CTRO were laughing at TRO a few hours ago, now they are affected by a similar problem.

This smells of hackery to me.

Back