• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cowen's NHB EP3 Premier Edition - 'Black Stealth' - Final Update

Have you rolled your arches? 9j on a 25 offset is going to be well into rubbing territory I'd of thought.

Nice wheels though!

Lovely civic you have there mate, shame about the pheasant. Glad you got it sorted easily enough.

I'm 99% sure the pro kit only gives a -15mm drop both ends, not -30mm. The ABP kit drops -30mm and the sportlines drop -45mm front and -30mm rear. Don't trust everything you read on the Tegiwa website.

I've got to agree with Loxy, you're going to have a real hard time getting those wheels under your arches. It looks like they'll stick out about 4.5cm further than oem.

Great, so I have got the wrong kit then!!
Guess I will have to go with a 15mm drop instead as its too late to exchange them.

As for the wheels, I will be getting the arches rolled just to make sure there is no scrubbing, but I have test fitted them and it is not as bad as you expect.
Plus there have been 2 other EP3's that have used the same size and fitment.
One of them being EP3-Si: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?87746-Ep3-progress-thread/page3&highlight=rota+grid

I appreciate the comments though guys. Will post pictures up once they are all fitted :)

Honestly, the sportlines can be a pain to live with and I've never heard a bad word said against the pro kit, it probably is the best choice all things considered. Measure it before and after if you get a chance, I'd be interested in what drop you actually get.

Yep, rolling and camber will be necessary, are you sticking with 205/45 tyres? I'm not a fan of stance, but each to their own, and whatever anybody says 9j is impressive on an EP3!

Thanks for the info Jimbo, I will measure it on a flat surface before and after the fitment.
Will help others with the info on how much of a drop the pro kit actually gives aswell :)

I am getting the FRSU done so there will be some camber put on from that (yes I know not alot, but it will help) and the rolling of the arches will be done over the next weekend or so.
I am using 215/40 tyres so there will be some stretch which will also help with the clearance of the arches.
I know it wont be to everybody's liking but I think it will look awesome and set it apart from others :)

Final Update.

So here is the final update Boys and Girls.

After ordering all the parts I wanted, I took the car up to TDi North to get everything fitted and the FRSU done.
Parts fitted were:

JDM Anti-Roll Bar
Eibach Lowering Springs
Eibach Camber Bolts
Eibach Camber Arms

I had fitted the wheels and tyres on to the car just before heading up so they could set the car up with them on and check the arch gap etc
With everything complete I love how it looks and handles. Here are some pics:

15759_10152350361923983_7970968877829791533_n.jpg

10446670_10152350361933983_4781260789257536402_n.jpg

10584021_10152350362018983_2959574561574720831_n.jpg

This is how the car sits with the FRSU complete:

936657_10152350362468983_5246842742276976544_n.jpg

10592676_10152350362473983_1191857880540612904_n.jpg

The final small bits to go on was some Carbon Fibre in the engine bay along with a painted Rocker Cover by Paul @ Spooner Restorations.

10610780_10152350365618983_3968718766068618984_n.jpg

I havent had any problems with the tyres scrubbing with the height drop either which is a bonus :)

But as I say, this is my final update.
The car has only been used once in the past 3 months as I have had my licence revoked due to medical reasons and so the car will now be sold on for someone else to enjoy.
Some of the parts will be sold seperately due to the fact they are all still like brand new as I havent used the car since fitting them and will make more money back that way.

It sucks to have to take it apart and sell it as I have enjoyed putting my mark on it and driving it. But needs must.

Thanks for checking out my build.
Grant

Car is looking fantastic Grant!

It's a real shame that you have to sell it, you clearly care about it a lot. But it will definately make another Honda fan very happy, and you will always have friends on here willing to take you for a spin in theirs.

Car is looking fantastic Grant!

It's a real shame that you have to sell it, you clearly care about it a lot. But it will definately make another Honda fan very happy, and you will always have friends on here willing to take you for a spin in theirs.

Thanks Jimbo.
I have only had the car since January but I enjoyed the 4 months of driving it and felt it needed to be done right and properly.
I got it serviced at Honda and all the parts were purchased new with the work done by trusted people.
My cars are my pride and joy when I have them. So it sucks I have to sell it.

I am planning to sell the Tegiwa M and Wheels separately from the car but the JDM ARB, Springs and Camber Adjusters will be staying on for the sale.

Back