• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cpl reflash??

Hi guys was just after some thought or feedback from someone that's had this done. Basically I was **** go the rbc, tb, intake, mani, cat back and k100 or kpro route till I found out I've got another baby on the way! This is also my second car so can't go crazy with funds so was considering a cpl hondata reflash as it seems pretty reasonable. Can anyone give there thoughts on this as I can't find much in the way of reviews on it

I'm pretty sure Howie had it done. It's a k100 fitted to your ECU with a generic map put on it. It won't be the best, but I'm sure you could do worse.

awrite mate. yeah i had it done a couple of year ago.

It did make the car feel a lot better to drive as in just better midrange and it did help fuel economy. it's obviously not going to be as good as k100 with custom map but it is basically k100 chip as loxy said. the generic map set up with standard car or catback and induction kit, but anything more it needs a custom map. it can be remapped if you want to add to it later on.

I didn't know much back when i got it but after having the car i got reading a bit on here and although it probably won't damage your car its just better to run with a custom map and me being fussy thats why i changed and catching the bug lol. but certainly in your case bang for bucks it was worth it and you definitely feel the difference straight away

I only had it for about 6 month then got a kpro and mapped at tdi. been to tdi 3 times since lol you will catch the bug so at least you can get it remapped at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK cheers guys. I have got a manifold to decat and I've got all the thermal gaskets and rbc adapter plate so that's handy to know I can get it custom mapped if I decide to go down that route with the rbc and tb. Obviously the mani won't b fitted with the reflash

I'm sure running the reflash k100 is better for your car than running it on the stock ecu. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Wizz, I have the money etc but I'm miles from TDI and I'm only running a Teg m and a cat back, I can't see me going down the RBC route and decat just yet but It's a piece of mind that if I do however end up going down that route I can take it to someone and get a custom map

I won't be going down any route with it now as I'm having another baby so it'll be getting all it needs to get it sorted and a1 then going up for sale :(

Back