• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Crankshaft pully

Hi I noticed a intimiten rattle on my type r fn2 sounds like it's coming from the alternator area on closer inspection today i noticed the crank pully is wobbling really Bad could this be what is causing the rattle is it a case of just replacing the pully or could it be more serious anyone else had this before and is it common ,car done 75k thanks

Probably best to buy a new bolt and washer first then and try that before spending £140 on a pully may be worth a try

Pulley is probably goosed. The rubber bonding deteriorated on mine and split. See my timing chain thread.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Drive as little as possible if you have crank pulley issues. My friend just scrapped his MX5 engine last week because the crank pulley made a mess of the crank tail (in this case it is cheaper to buy a whole new engine than replace the crank).

Hi I noticed a intimiten rattle on my type r fn2 sounds like it's coming from the alternator area on closer inspection today i noticed the crank pully is wobbling really Bad could this be what is causing the rattle is it a case of just replacing the pully or could it be more serious anyone else had this before and is it common ,car done 75k thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back