• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Crazy Kpro question

I should have tried this before I sold my Kpro. But has anyone tried to put the Vtec limit as low as 1000rpms?

I know it wouldn't give any extra power, infact you probably lose power.

Only asking cause I want to know what it sounds like? I loved the noise when it enters Vtec and it sounding like that throughout the rev range would be cool.

smokedog said:
I should have tried this before I sold my Kpro. But has anyone tried to put the Vtec limit as low as 1000rpms?

I know it wouldn't give any extra power, infact you probably lose power.

Only asking cause I want to know what it sounds like? I loved the noise when it enters Vtec and it sounding like that throughout the rev range would be cool.

Yeah....give it a try. :roll:

KABOOM!

DO NOT TRY THIS....YOU WILL WRECK YOUR ENGINE!

Vtec mechanism needs oil pressure to work correctly. You dont have the right pressure to operate the system until you are over 3000rpm!

Thanks TP, only a crazy what if question. Would't done it anyway, don't fancy buying a new engine :roll:

smokedog said:
Thanks TP, only a crazy what if question. Would't done it anyway, don't fancy buying a new engine :roll:

I know you wouldnt....but you can be certain someone will.....then it will be "Dear bilko.........my car sounds very ill....what could it be?" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you wouldnt....but you can be certain someone will.....then it will be "Dear bilko.........my car sounds very ill....what could it be?" [Rolling Eyes] [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]

ROFL

Back