• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Creak/clunking noise after lowering

Guys need a bit of advice, just got my car lowered on apexi springs and now when i turn the steering wheel about half way in both directions i get a clunking noise, it sort of sounds like its the spring jumping. Its only when im slow moving, less than 10mph it seems to do it. Its coming from both sides but the passenger side seems to happen more. any idea what it could be? Im about to buy some camber bolts and arms and get the frsu done but want to make sure theres nothing else that may need replaced/fixed. Cheers

I never put them on. They were in the box when i took them to get fitted and there not in the box now so im guessing there on yeah

I bought Apex springs before and it didn't come with the sleeves so mine was clunking everytime I move my steering wheel.

So I had to use my sleeves from OEM springs to stop them from clunking and it cured it. ;)

Ah okay. ** get in contact with the guy who fitted them make sure he put them on. If he has put them on, any idea what else it could be?

Mines creaking every now and then on the front passenger side wheel after FRSU with full eibach kit. Something wrong or just bedding in?

Sorry for hijacking the thread :)

Make sure the springs are seated properly, they could be binding. Check the top nut is tight also.

Back