• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Creaking from steering?

Not to sure if I'm placing this under the right option but I habe creaking coming from my steering?

When I am at a stand still for example and I turn the steering wheel say 2-4 inches either way it creaks or when coming to stand still it creaks?

Any suggestions?

I was thinking WD40 the whole steering hoping it would cure itself! Or not!

Many Thanks

Could be the rack, drop-links (though usually more of a clunk), top mounts or control arms.

There are a few threads on the rack if you search for them, might be worth comparing symptoms.

Could be the rack, drop-links (though usually more of a clunk), top mounts or control arms.

There are a few threads on the rack if you search for them, might be worth comparing symptoms.

Thank you mate, I have MOT next month so I may just leave it to the MOT and see the advisories and failures and buy the parts which I have 7 days to repair. Thanks

I have this creaking from the steering aswell its passed its mot and no mention of it.

I think its pretty common from what i read but i don't think it will affect it will it? well inless it is broke but i think some steering racks just do it. but its worth getting it checked.

Back