• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Creaking when parking/manouvering.....

Neily03

Professional Hippy
When steering at very low speeds, ie parking and pulling onto my drive there is a creaking from the front, i think it the suspension top mounts and iirc its quite common and easily sorted??

Neily03 said:
When steering at very low speeds, ie parking and pulling onto my drive there is a creaking from the front, i think it the suspension top mounts and iirc its quite common and easily sorted??

From what I've seen on the forums Neil, if it's suspension mounts it's an easy & quick fix.

SpaceMonkey said:
Neily03 said:

From what I've seen on the forums Neil, if it's suspension mounts it's an easy & quick fix.

Its in for its 3rd service in a week so i'll get 'em to have a look then. 8)

Neily03 said:
Front strut top mounts re-torqued. Seems fine now.

My second service this coming Friday. I've got creaky steering syndrome as well. :smt118 Looks like my struts will prob have to be sorted too.

Mine's going in on the 28th, Ascot Dealership. Hopefully they'll fix the problem, i'll post back what it is. My symptons are the same, O/S creaking when engaged at very low speeds.

Back