• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cruise control not engaging

Hi,

my fn2 ctr cruise control does not engage on any gear. The cruise main light is on but when I press set nothing happens and the other cruise light does not come on.

I have recently fixed my clutch pedal for the clicking and tap from the clutch problem, and not sure if this has caused a problem?
Are there anything I need to check before going back to Honda, e.g the fuses or anything.
My car is now out of warranty and I was wondering how much would it cost to fix?

Any ideas that would be great...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you been working on the clutch pedal then you must have done something to the clutch pedal switch causing the cruise control to think the clutch pedal is down.

If you been working on the clutch pedal then you must have done something to the clutch pedal switch causing the cruise control to think the clutch pedal is down.

It was Honda that changed this and wondering how long it would take to fix as I may need to go back to Honda...
Also do you know where the clutch pedal switch is and if it is a quick fix I can check my self instead of going back to Honda.
Thanks

Number 6

B__2301.jpg

They might have just unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in again....

Number 6

B__2301.jpg

They might have just unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in again....

Thanks for the picture Neily, i have just checked the (purpleish/blueish) clutch switcher and brake switcher and they both seem to be connected and cannot see anything wrong there.

Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks

LOL Jermal, its great to drive on the motorway relaxing and knowing the cruise works... IMO

Assuming that you have no other warning lights on the dash like Check VSA, only the brake and clutch disengage the cruise with the exception of the cancel button on the wheel. As Neily said it's got to be one of those switches.

If Honda did the clutch fix less than 12 months ago I'd be looking at them to fix this free of charge if it turns out to be the clutch switch.

You can hear the switch engage...its about the first inch or half inch of pressing it. Very faint "click"...I knows it, I spend half my life listening for the "clunk" a bit futher down which tells me my 5th master cylinder is farked!

Back