• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cruise Control not working(FN2 GT sat nv)

Hi all,

Never tried my cruise control before, read the manual and it seems to be broken. When i press the Cruise button the green indicator come on the dash, but when i press the set/decel button nothing happens and my speed slows?:mad: any ideas
anyone? Cheers

I haven't heard of this before.

You could check the limit switches on the brake and clutch pedal to ensure they are not sticking.

I haven't heard of this before.

You could check the limit switches on the brake and clutch pedal to ensure they are not sticking.

Will have a look at that cheers, the car is 07 but drives like new and every electric thing works.....at 1st i thought it was me being thick, but i have tried a few times:confused:

I've heard of one FN2 having a fault on the clutch pedal switch.

The switch needed replacing, but it was done under warranty so hopefully there might be an easier fix.

I've heard of one FN2 having a fault on the clutch pedal switch.

The switch needed replacing, but it was done under warranty so hopefully there might be an easier fix.

Cheers dude, my motor is also under warranty so will cart it doon to Honda (again) 3rd gear fix.... cruise control, i hope this doesn't come in three's :eek:

Cheers dude, my motor is also under warranty so will cart it doon to Honda (again) 3rd gear fix.... cruise control, i hope this doesn't come in three's :eek:

:cool:

It'll get sorted then!

Third thing will be the wing mirror folding shut off device! :lol:

Just picked up my replacement module today, fitting it at the weekend. Hopefully the wing mirrors will fold in at the same speed afterwards!

:cool:

It'll get sorted then!

Third thing will be the wing mirror folding shut off device! :eek:

Just picked up my replacement module today, fitting it at the weekend. Hopefully the wing mirrors will fold in at the same speed afterwards!

how strange i was parking my car at graft today folding the mirrors in (as i feel this is a sort of warning like keep ur stupid doors away from my Type R) and i thought i bet they are not cheap to fix. can i also ask how much your window protectors were and where u got them ?

The things across the tops of the windows? They are from Climair. The only wind deflectors available for the FN2 that are TUV approved and they are strict about additions to cars!

They were around £55 I think.

Aye, the wing mirror thing, there is a module in each mirror called the Shut Off Device. It regulates the speed that they fold in and when they should stop. A symptom of it failing is one mirror taking longer to fold up than the other or stopping half way up, not going all the way.

Module was £36. I'm just hoping it is that because if it is the motor you've to buy the whole mirror arm and it's £160!

The things across the tops of the windows? They are from Climair. The only wind deflectors available for the FN2 that are TUV approved and they are strict about additions to cars!

They were around £55 I think.

Aye, the wing mirror thing, there is a module in each mirror called the Shut Off Device. It regulates the speed that they fold in and when they should stop. A symptom of it failing is one mirror taking longer to fold up than the other or stopping half way up, not going all the way.

Module was £36. I'm just hoping it is that because if it is the motor you've to buy the whole mirror arm and it's £160!

Well fingers crossed its not the motor bud, aye the wind deflectors think i will get me some of them, easy to fit?

My pal (claims to know a thing or two) had a mess about with my clutch pedal and god naa's what hes done ? but my cruise control is fixed :lol:

Excellent news!

Yes the wind deflectors just slot in the window channel. Takes a couple of minutes per side.

Fitting the module sometime this week so yeah, praying it's not the motor! :lol:

It will come good mate;), i was driving my car home today and thank god for the warm weather! my gear box warmed up quick as, felt smooth almost after 5 mins :cool:

Back