• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CRZ GT

RickHondaR

R-32840
Well all finished now apart from waiting on a dash cam mirror with built in android software

July 2012 CRZ GT

P1010599_zps4d1tb3dw.jpg

P1010591_zpsdjulzrhy.jpg

P1010568_zpsyz3y17su.jpg

P1010569_zpsb7kbqrqn.jpg

April 2014 Civic Tourer SR

P1030064_zpsqhjn6kwx.jpg

P1030065_zpstbxc2nuy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered done illuminated door silks for the CRZ tonight, already have these on the tourer and I think they will look well on the CRZ with the blue puddle lights etc.

Well I never really like the piano alloys so after much thinking I purchased a new set of alloys and tyres

P1010655_zpsu1tspaik.jpg

P1010656_zpsjnqaeub6.jpg

Engine bay
P1010652_zpsakgfedjk.jpg

Illuminated door sills
20151116_061518_zpsd4tdof8u.jpg

I have also installed a Thinkware F750 dash cam and auto tint rear view mirror

Nice updates! Those alloys do really suit it.

Now solved my lack of DAB problem which I guess may help solve a few problems for EP3 and FN2 owners so I thought I would share my solution.

The CRZ stock unit to be honest is a decent system but does lack DAB, I have looked at several DAB add on solutions but truth be know I really dont want a stick on antenna plus the fact since we had a retune in the area around 3 months ago DAB is useless around here now were as it was very good before. I have come to the conclusion that if the factory fitted DAB in the Tourer is now not very good since the retune then I guess for sure it will be worse with a stick on antenna so to be fair this threw out my favoured solution https://www.amazon.co.uk/PURE-Highw...468638&sr=8-1&keywords=pure+dab+highway+radio.

I thought of changing the stock head unit but with this having steering wheel controls for the hands free bluetooth and the stock head unit I could see this being rather expensive and no one would guarantee that all the controls would work with a new DAB double din nav unit and at around £800 for what I wanted with genuine OEM double din fascia it was not a gamble I was going to take.

I looked at using my mobile and streaming DAB but I did not want to see a wire up the middle of the dash to the AUX input jack so I needed a bluetooth receiver and FM transmitter that would not interfere with the bluetooth handsfree which when I had a Sony smart watch I found in both cars call quality was very poor unit I removed the watch which sent it back as faulty as 3 out of 3 cars had the same problem when paired with the phone while paired with the watch.

Well as I want a neat hidden OEM installation I settled on giving this a go https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010NI8JL0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I gave it a quick test and all worked OK so I stripped it down and soldered some power wires on positive and negative connections then simply unscrewed the end and mounted in the back of the storage hole and hard wired to the dash cam ignition supply. The wires come though the socket plug were you usually have the positive terminal and if I wanted I could unsolder these and refit to plug in but hardly worth it for £12. Only comment now is that I will also install a little on / off switch as I have noticed this does interfere with FM transmission with stations not to far from the broadcasting range otherwise a cracking solution for £12 that is out of sight and mind but there if I require DAB.

P1000714_zpsngifg58c.jpg

P1000715_zpslwg4iqzg.jpg

P1000716_zpsyulefigx.jpg

I think I will buy this switch to mount in the hole http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Angel-Eye...hash=item3ce344281b:m:m81qxWTpxpBVWZHCNOw7NEA
Illuminated in the on position Blue switch fitted

P1000718_zps5vndzup5.jpg

P1000719_zpsfnfdeo58.jpg

and also fitted quick release power plugs 5 x PAIR Of RC 7.2v Tamiya Battery Connectors & Heat-Shrink Car Boat Airsoft UK | eBay

Total cost around £23 and about 20MB of data every hour of using DAB in the car

Problem I now have is I keep looking at one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-Superc...l:CR-Z&hash=item4af96c7e59:g:IKAAAOSwUuFWxcpJ

problem I have is that I suspect by the time your finished I wont have any change from £6k as I see to get anything really from this your going to need a exhaust, fit intake manifold a few there bits n bobs and a TDI custom flashpro map and maybe injectors. Then if you plan to rag it everywhere or use it more than the odd push your also going to need bigger discs and callipers and then to top it all off I will have nothing but hassle every year with the insurance which then makes me think for £5-6k you can buy a FN2 and have no hassle but a rock hard bouncy ride unlike the Z which is great cheap to run were as the charger would give you a quicker better handling car than a stock FN2 while keeping great running costs if driving sensible.

I guess its just a shame its not cheap or easy to unlock an extra 15-20BHP from the Z as yes its a great car but I reckon 20BHP would totally transform this from a mild 2 seater hybrid to what would be a reasonably quick 2 seater sports car which I guess the face lift with the lithium batteries and extra BHP from the engine was as I have been also told the lithium batteries also charge quicker and hold more charge. Its a shame more power was never released from the IMA as I have read that the software only charges the batteries from around 60% - 80% as this is what delivers the best life spans for the battery cells so in reality you only have 20% of the battery capacity to play with.

Looks great, seriously considering getting one of these currently. Can't justify the civic for a 50mile daily trip! Blue footwell lights really suit it!

Thanks, dont by fooled by my earlier post the Z is a great car and the cream of the crop will be the facelift which has close on 18BHP more but for me I prefer the look inside and out of the pre face lift. The problem is when in sport the car really is very nippy and responsive but if driving hard your batteries will be flat rapidly and then the car just looses all its get up and go :( yes they recharge just as quick but I guess a face lift with lithium batteries that recharge quicker last twice as long while giving you around double the power from the motor are so much better.

My budget only caters for pre-facelift models anyway. Seemed nippy enough when I test drove one a year ago (not when in eco-mode though!)

Any idea what kind of MPG you get on average?

To be honest the wheels hit the MPG hard in the fact they are bigger, wider and heavier 195/55/16 6J VS 225/45/17 7J but with this the speedo is 99% accurate now so I guess the MPG read out is also more accurate. I am not the most eco driver as I drive 90% of the time in normal with climate control always on and 50% time heated seat as well and with my town stop start driving the worst I ever get over the week is around 35-36MPG with the average around 39MPG. If I get the car on a run 45-50MPG is easily achievable and in the right conditions with the right driving and speed you can achieve 55-60MPG which is a lot easier with oem 16" rims. Having said all this £20 road tax, £468 multicar fully comp business use for the Civic Tourer and CRZ for me and the wife per year and around £20-25 fuel a week I cant moan at the running costs. I will add as me and the wife use both cars for work purposes and get paid 45p per mile I will say that the running costs are £0 as on a good week like last week I put around £30 in the Z put did 155.3 work miles which returned me £69.89 were as an average week is around 100miles total for the car £15 fuel and around 60 work miles £27 fuel payment so I am sure were you can see were this goes for me and the wifes car is pretty simailr with the Tourer covering 19K in 28months and the CRZ 8k in 11 months in total milage

Ok, I have done 120 miles today with a good 80 being all A1/M1 70-72MPH on the speedo which is around 69-71MPH on the road as very accurate with new wheel size and was mainly using cruise control. I have returned 51MPG were as I know the old sport CRZ used to return 53-54MPG when doing the same type of drives but with OEM 16" wheels doing 70-75MPH on the speedo. However I think 75MPH on the speed was around 72MPH on the road so when you factor in the true speed and correction for MPG / distance travelled I suspect the new wheels on this type of run have only actually cost me around 2MPG and a Sport CRZ is lighter as well as no glass roof and a few other bits missing which all add weight. I guess this gives you a good indication of real world MPG and what you can acheive.

Honda CR-Z GT (comes standard with 17" Electra alloys (run on 215/45/R17 - Standard was 205/45R17)).

Bought with 13,500 miles, now at 81,412 miles.

Best Miles per fill up: 502 miles.
Best MPG: 63.1 MPG.

Last 12 Months Average: 53.7 MPG
Last Fill Up: 58.2 MPG

192 Fill Ups Average: 51.6 MPG
192 Fill Ups Average: 11p per mile.

It's due a full service on Saturday; after a service MPG always seems to increase slightly.

I've bought either Tesco Momentum-99 or Shell V-Power since I got the CR-Z. Only once or twice Have I been caught out and had to purchase normal unleaded petrol.

I think I saw you yesterday on the A1 or A66, I can't remember exactly.

The electra alloys are still optional extra gt or not but you are correct with the tyre size and they are also a very heavy alloy at around 12 kilo each. You could have seen me but I only travelled to Castleford near Leeds from Nottinghamshire but I did not go as far north as the A66. Mine has only done 14k so far but has the yearly service booked in 5 weeks time but to be fair the engine on mine will still be tight. Otherwise your MPG is looking good and easily made your purchase worth while but for me I do mainly town driving so will never get to the 50s on a regular drive.

Problem I now have is I keep looking at one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-Superc...l:CR-Z&hash=item4af96c7e59:g:IKAAAOSwUuFWxcpJ

problem I have is that I suspect by the time your finished I wont have any change from £6k as I see to get anything really from this your going to need a exhaust, fit intake manifold a few there bits n bobs and a TDI custom flashpro map and maybe injectors. Then if you plan to rag it everywhere or use it more than the odd push your also going to need bigger discs and callipers and then to top it all off I will have nothing but hassle every year with the insurance which then makes me think for £5-6k you can buy a FN2 and have no hassle but a rock hard bouncy ride unlike the Z which is great cheap to run were as the charger would give you a quicker better handling car than a stock FN2 while keeping great running costs if driving sensible.

I guess its just a shame its not cheap or easy to unlock an extra 15-20BHP from the Z as yes its a great car but I reckon 20BHP would totally transform this from a mild 2 seater hybrid to what would be a reasonably quick 2 seater sports car which I guess the face lift with the lithium batteries and extra BHP from the engine was as I have been also told the lithium batteries also charge quicker and hold more charge. Its a shame more power was never released from the IMA as I have read that the software only charges the batteries from around 60% - 80% as this is what delivers the best life spans for the battery cells so in reality you only have 20% of the battery capacity to play with.
Hi,
If you do ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Yeah, mine is an ex-demo so has all the "packs" already added including the navigation. It's just a shame the navigation is getting a bit old now.
My car has done mainly motorway miles. My only real concern with the car is the batteries, however, looking at the MPG there seems to be no sign of the batteries failing at the moment.
Nothing has actually broken on the car and I've had it since April 2012.

Ian

To be honest with the regular use I would say the Hybrid battery will be the last thing to worry about as this is well maintained by the ECU plus the constant use help keep the batteries in good condition. I will say that when I purchased mine it had been stood 2-3months and at that had only done 6400 miles in 3 years and what I noticed in the first 2-3 months of ownership was that around 4 times in total the battery ECU reset its memory and carries out a recalibration where that when driving an half charged battery suddenly is flat (0 bars) and when you pull up the car revs at around 1500 rpm until you have at least 2 bars charge. From what I have read this occurs when the ECU realises the batteries are not in the correct charge state to what it thinks and it resets the system and charge as well as re learning the charging points. A bit more info here http://www.crzforum.com/forum/engin...14-ima-battery-depleted-just-happened-me.html

I will add since Christmas I do not think I have had 1 calibration so obviously the regular use of my car has sorted this issue out from the low use when I bought it hence why to be fair I think you will be fine but will say plenty of used battery packs from scrappers on ebay for under £500 either way

Back