• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ctr ep3 double din fitment

HI FOLKS.

I'M FITTING (to my 03 CTR) THE LATEST EDITION OF THE XTRONS UNIT. DON'T SLAG IT OFF BECAUSE THIS ONE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE DOGS CAHONAS.

I'VE READ ALL THE POSTS ABOUT CHOPPING BIT OUT AND THAT LARK BUT NO REAL PICTURES OR CLEAR INFO. CAN ANYONE SHINE ANY LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME AS I AM FITTING IT TONIGHT, CAN'T BE DOING WITH CHOPPING CHUNKS OUT. BTW. I ALREADY HAVE THE HONDA SAT NAV DOUBLE D, HOLE FROM MY ORIGINAL UNIT.

CHEERS

TONY

HI FOLKS.

I'M FITTING (to my 03 CTR) THE LATEST EDITION OF THE XTRONS UNIT. DON'T SLAG IT OFF BECAUSE THIS ONE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE DOGS CAHONAS.

I'VE READ ALL THE POSTS ABOUT CHOPPING BIT OUT AND THAT LARK BUT NO REAL PICTURES OR CLEAR INFO. CAN ANYONE SHINE ANY LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME AS I AM FITTING IT TONIGHT, CAN'T BE DOING WITH CHOPPING CHUNKS OUT. BTW. I ALREADY HAVE THE HONDA SAT NAV DOUBLE D, HOLE FROM MY ORIGINAL UNIT.

CHEERS

TONY

well thanks for all the advice.....................haha

got it sorted anyways, just need to source one of those fasicas to tidy it up, no cutting neccessary.

HI FOLKS.

CHEERS

TONY

THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT!!! :lol:
Ebay normally have the facias for double din units try having a gander around there, the silver might not match the surround though :(

When I fitted mine the only bit that needed trimming was the Facia surround. But it was minor.

sorry for the late reply.

Its quite a good unit, got a lot on the xtrons, but its definitely on the cheap side, you'll need an amp if you're after loudness because its definitely not 45watt it says, more like 20watt. lol.

Screen and dvd quality are awesome, cannot fault the actual insides, does what it says on the tin, ipod lark isn't the best but it tell you the track on screen etc. honda logo is a nice touch on start up too.

Fascia can be found a www.nexxia.com its £45 the only one i can find and it was listed on this very site.

You may find when fitting this unit you will have to drill the cage to make it sit flush.

Oh and if you go with the detatchable face one, the button is at the bottom and if you sit it flush you cant get to it. annoying, i have to use key.

It also rattles like a bar steward aswell, i've packed it so it doesn't, this is the springs on the fascia, but for the money they're great.

Hello tonyn88,
How is the Xtron head unit going?

I came across your post when looking for a DD unit.
The units look good so was wondering if they last?

Cheers

Back