• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 CTR in Auto Express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/204554/honda_civic_v_vw_golf.html

I thought the CTR's driving position was one of the best in it's class, easily superior to the likes of the Astra VXR (horrible driving position!), Clio Trophy (sardine box!) and LCR.

What's disturbing is that although the EP3 sold in huge numbers in the UK Honda still feel it was too focused for the European Market. :roll: Did they honestly look at the opinions of anyone who bought the damn car? We're all wanting LSD and 4 pots... so what do we get? Dual Climate control. :lol:

I reckon Evo mag will rip it a new one. :wink:

I had a nose in the mag and seen the interior - looks like a bloody exec motorway muncher. :( :( :( :(

I'll gladly take one out for a drive, rig it up with cameras and give it a on the road review as it were, surely Dealers must be getting these in soon for demo cars?

CTR_Paul said:
I reckon Evo mag will rip it a new one. :wink:

I don't think they will tbh mate.

The same way as they love the new 197 etc, modern cars unfortunately just seem to be more about comfort than performance from mainstream manufactures. :(

I would still fancy having a test drive tbh :)

Yes but the 197 is a Renault and they were pretty harsh on it until their bribe came though.

What I do find interesting is that they don't mind having to rev the Clio 197's engine, yet objected to it in the EP3... makes no sense to me.

The only Honda's they really like are the DC2 and NSX-R, even the DC5 was a few times described as being moderate. I fully expect a 3 & 1/2 * rating for the new CTR when they do review it, with them prefering the Golf (especially the power hike version) and the Clio 197 Trophy Cup Chassis R23 Stickers on my bottom varient.

I'm an AutoExpress subscriber and this article really annoyed me. I got the mag in the post on Tuesday, and the title emblazoned on it was something like "New Civic Type R meets Golf GTi". "Great!", I thought, hoping to read a good review of how the new Civic drives and handles on a good blast, compared to the Golf and old Civic.

But no, it's just a one page article on how the car looks and text that looks like it's come straight from a Honda marketing release.

It's misleading! Even the URL has the words "first drive" in it, and they've not even driven it yet! :twisted:

Back